(24) Meeting the past

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

He wasn't nervous, just on his guard. Today was the day he was going to meet the reason for his nightmares. He wasn't scared because he had Taehyung and his hyungs with him. 

Taehyung comforted him the best before they came across him, his first glance on Jungkook and shock was written all over his face and not only that Taehyung could sense the anger in his eyes as well and he was ready to hide Jungkook behind his back but the latter stepped forward with a determined look. 

Jungkook wasn't going to back down now, not now. 

The past has been as a narrow flashlight in a darkened room, only allowing sight of some artefacts, hiding Jungkook. In this age of international healing Taehyung came as the perfect blessing, Taehyung turned all the lights on, he allowed plain sight of the good, the bad and the ugly so that the beta could learn from it, grow and mature as his Luna. 

Jungkook understood one thing this time and he would gladly tell this to Han-gyeol that all good relationships need honesty and trust which he didn't have in Jungkook.

Yes, losing a mate is painful very painful but that doesn't give anyone the right to blame an innocent soul as the culprit and that too banish him from somewhere which is actually what Jungkook was left with. 

An identity from the pack and a friend.

But at the end he was forced to leave both but it was a good thing as he got to meet Taehyung and Jungkook never would have rubbed it in anyone's face that he was the Luna but in this case he will. 

"Jeon Jungkook" A scoff was heard with the tone. 

Taehyung growled at the tone that was directed to his mate. He was ready to jump in and throw hands but Jungkook held his hand, intertwining their fingers as his eyes still stayed on Han-gyeol. 

"Calm down TaeTae, it's okay" 

Taehyung sighed yet his eyes were burning holes in someone's head, one wrong move and Taehyung wouldn't hesitate to tear his head off. 

"Choi Han-gyeol" Jungkook called back, confidently. 

And there was a sudden change in Taehyung's expressions, he was proud and he didn't hesitate to show it off. Although someone was a little naive to observe things. Taehyung and Jungkook both were wearing turtleneck sweaters. 

"Taehyung-shi, who is he to you? A boy toy?" He scoffed, looking at Jungkook up and down. 

"If I were you, I would watch my tone" Namjoon warned, the five men were just beside the pair. 

"Oh is he your boy toy?" 

That was a mistake, a big mistake. 

"Say that again, I dare you" Jungkook said, his voice and features stoic. 

"What, you offended?" 

The latter was really naive. 

Jungkook's eyes rolled and then his gaze landed on a girl standing behind Han-gyeol, looking confused. He could clearly see the mating mark on her shoulder. He looked back at Han-gyeol and asked, 

"Got your second chance, huh?" 

"Yeah, what did you think? You could ruin my life? Well, jokes on you. My second chance is better than my first one" 

Another mistake, another big mistake. 

Comparing his first love to someone else was not the wisest thing to do and not only Taehyung and the others but his own second chance looked at him with an unreadable expression. 

"Do you even realize what you just said" Jungkook chuckled dryly. 

It is so easy to break a person, it takes so very long to repair. Yet, from experience Jungkook can tell anyone this. He healed and became better over the course of months. The one that broke him sank lower and became a Gollum. 

This is not for vengeance, for he has no guilt or shame in the matter, the sort of feelings that seek such things. It is because he has to realise that at times they who appear broken are actually the heroes of future times, that they are worth the effort to save and rebuild.

Even when someone left him and right now just played the part of the little bitch. 

"You think you are perfect don't you?" He scoffed yet again. 

"He doesn't need to think about what he already is" Taehyung replied and Jungkook smiled at him. 

"Not being perfect is a statement of obviousness, for we are born with fairly blank brains to mature and grow. What is perfect? Where is perfect? For all I see is a road that goes ever into a horizon, a journey that is ever present, and that bare souls walking that road is the very essence of being alive, the very purpose for which we are born. What kind of perfect are you talking about" Jungkook said with a smile. 

"Oh, stop it. Did you forget the time you were begging me?" 

"Oh you wanna play that game now? Bring it in- tell me more" Taehyung finally jumped in, Jungkook behind him as he looked directly at Han-gyeol. 
___________________________________
See you all in the next chapter.
I hope you liked it.💜
Please vote and comment.☺
Keep supporting.
And if there are any mistakes I am sorry for that.
Stay safe and stay happy.💜💜

Two types of moods-

Two types of moods-