Enough [09]

Drowsiness had taken over Alexis by the time she woke up. The burning feeling of her sickness from last night was still prominent in the back of her throat. She hoped the two had found their way back to their rooms after finishing the last finale, she kind of left abruptly. Alexis pulled her eyes open to be met face to face with the boy with auburn hair, a sickly grin in his face as though he had been watching her sleep. A scream left her lips as soon as her eyes focused on him, pulling herself back with so much force as she saw the blood oozing over the bed sheets. She fell back into the floor, still a screaming mess, hair scattering itself across her face and into her mouth and eyes. Tears burnt down her cheeks as she scrambled back towards the wall. She did not care for the pain she felt, the way she fell if the bed or even the door to her room opening.

Another louder scream left her mouth as she felt something grab her, and a muffled voice come from beside her. A strangled breath, more of a quieter yell for help left her as she became to shake furiously as the hold on her became tighter. "Lexi!" She heard the muffled voice say but due to the mixture of hair in her eyes and her eyes being glued shut with fear, she didn't know what was going on. After minutes her shaking became softer, and the hold on her gave her a reassuring squeeze. "Lex?"

The girl pried her eyes open slowly, as she brought her arms up to hug the arms that were wrapped around her. She took deep breathes as she looked back up to her bed to see nobody there. Empty. Her breathes became slower but her chest was all the tighter, it was difficult to breathe; leaving small gaps in each breath. Slowly, her gaze different to the person beside her, his arms still firmly around her small frame. "It's okay.." his soft morning voice assured the girl.

Alexis leaned into his hold, "No it's not..." she whimpered, she was scared to open up to someone about what she saw. She hadn't told anyone, not Haymitch, not Effie, not even her own mother before she passed. She felt as though it would make people look at her different, thats why she mostly cried in the company of herself. President Snow pushed Alexis' image as a strong, beautiful, and brave girl, who would become a role model to the many children of the Capitol and better yet, Panem. And that was true to a certain degree, however, what happened in the games affected her just as well and any other tribute, hell, maybe even one of the worst cases of post traumatic stress to come out of the games. She just wanted a break. A break from the games, a break from her sadness, from her fear. "...I keep seeing him..." she finally let out.

It seemed as though Peeta had understood the message loud and clear, piecing from what he saw last night, to the reaction she had, now to this. "He's not here anymore... you're safe, Lex."

Alexis reached up and wiped the tears from her cheeks, "You know why he's not here anymore?" She questioned, looking forward into the empty space in the bed in front of them. "Because I killed him. I killed all of them. I'm a killer."

It felt as though Peeta's gaze was burning into the top of Alexis' head. There was a moment of silence before he spoke, "You did what you needed to do, to survive. No one blames you for what happened in the games..."

Movement at the door had caused the two teens gazes to snapped to the door. Standing in the frame was Haymitch, Effie, an Avox and Katniss. It made Alexis want to scream out of frustration, she hated what the games had done to her. Who knows how long they had been standing there but guessing by the looks on their faces, Alexis could tell it was a while. "She's okay, you can go..." Peeta said softly, gesturing for them to go and they did as told, scurrying off like little mice.

After a minute, Peeta had helped Alexis to her feet, her eyes glued to her feet. She felt like hot water was running down her spine; pins and needles sticking into the balls of her feet and calves. "T-" She tried to speak, "Thank you..."