𝘼 𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙖𝙧𝙮

Do you ever wonder if fate is actually just a 3 year old toddler that's hell-bent on ensuring nothing goes your way because they find that amusing. That was exactly what was going through Shikamaru's mind as he walked back home from the Hokage tower.

. .

He woke up as the morning rays peeked through from behind closed curtains. Groaning he turned his head to the side and was greeted by the sight of her.

As a kid Shikamaru never aspired for much; he wanted to lead an average life with an average job, marry an average girl, have two kids a girl and then a boy, and finally die of old age before his wife.

But looking at her, as she slept peacefully; mouth slightly agape and as the morning rays carefully fell on the exposed skin of her belly between her tank top and boy shorts making her curves look all the more enticing, he had to admit to himself waking up to this every morning was worth the change of plans.

As he felt a soft smile pull on his lips from thinking about his wife he placed his hand on her abdomen and gently started to caress her before letting his hand wander higher under her tank top causing her to stir in her sleep before slowly blinking her eyes open.

Looking at him through sleep-laden eyes she smiled before closing them again. 'You're in a good mood for someone who hates waking up this early.'

'Happy Anniversary.' He said as he moved closer to capture her lips in a kiss.

'More like Congratulations on successfully surviving another year with me.' She replied between kisses.

'I ought to be rewarded for my bravery, don't you think?' he said as he hovered over her.

Smirking she pulled him down as they continued where they left off. Less than a minute had passed when they suddenly heard a cry come from the other room, Mommy.

Groaning; Shikamaru pulled back from her lips.

'Guess your time's up.' Temari said before pushing her husband off her and getting out of bed to attend to the crying boy.

Great timing boy; for such a good sleeper I was hoping I could rely on you today to give your old man and mom some time to themselves.

Five minutes later Temari walked back in carrying a 2 year toddler holding a stuffed dear with one hand while the other rubbed the sleep and tears out of his eyes. Sitting on the bed the kid jumped out of his mom's hands and sat on Shikamaru clearly fascinated by his goatee.

'What happened Shikadai?'

'Dream scary.' The kid replied as Temari lay down and looked at her family.

'Did the bad monsters come in your dream?' Temari asked as she gently stroked the kid's back.

Looking at his mom the kid slowly nodded as he whimpered.

'Aww it's okay. See mommy's here now and Rikimaru is here, you know the bad monsters are scared of Rikimaru.' she said as she pointed at the deer causing the boy to stop whimpering. 'Now tell me do you want some tasty miso soup for breakfast.'

Smiling the boy nodded his head as he reached for Temari.

'Okay let's go.' She said as she got up to make breakfast.