𝙎𝙡𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙄𝙄 - 𝙇𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙣

"Tem, he won't stop crying!"

Shikamaru yelled through the bathroom door. Temari had left baby Shikadai under his care while she took a shower, which also doubled as her break.

"Are you kidding me? I've only been in here for literally 10 minutes!" Temari groaned.

"I've done everything already, but he won't stop crying-" Shikadai became silent for a few moments, eyes wide open, then returned to crying and shrieking, even louder than before. Shikamaru inhaled deeply with the intent of sighing, but he had a good whiff of the air surrounding his son instead. "Goddammit, Shikadai..." Shikamaru groaned irritated. Yelling back through the door, he pleaded, "Just please hurry, Tem!"

He rushed back to Shikadai's bedroom to change his son's newly-soiled diapers. Shikadai's shrieking stopped, but his cries were still loud and ringing in Shikamaru's ears. He picked him up again and started to bounce him lightly, which Shikadai apparently didn't like too much, based on his escalating screams. Temari soon swooped in and took hold of her precious baby. Shikadai quieted down and started babbling incoherent noises in a matter of seconds.

Shikamaru scratched the back of his head and grumbled, "Mama's boy..."

"Oh, please, he likes you, too," Temari scoffed and gave Shikadai a kiss on the nose. Shikadai let out a long yawn and reached up towards his mother. "Ooh, it's time for your nap, isn't it, little fawn? Well, you get a special treat today and you can nap on the bed coz Mama's tired, too."

Temari carried Shikadai to the master bedroom and sat down, placing Shikadai in her lap. "Aww, you're just the cutest little thing, aren't you?" Shikadai babbled something in response and raised his arms to reach up to his mother. "You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." She smiled affectionately and brought him to her face to give him a kiss. Shikadai decided to open his mouth and put his mother's nose in his mouth.

"Shikadai!" Temari yelped slightly in surprise and started laughing. Shikadai seemed to be laughing too as he gurgled with a big smile on his face. "You're so silly, you know that?"

He yawned again, this time even longer. When he stopped, his eyes started drooping. "Oh, it really is time for your nap. A nap sounds like a good idea to me, too."

She laid him down gently on the bed, and she lay down as well. Shikadai fell asleep almost immediately, and surprisingly enough, so did Temari. Shikamaru walked in a little while later only to see his son curled up next to his sleeping mother.

He smiled fondly and walked over to the bed, giving both Temari and Shikadai kisses on the forehead. Even though one was continuously sassy and borderline rude to him and the other just outright didn't favor him, Shikamaru was happy and thankful for the beautiful family with which he was blessed.

"If Temari woke up and caught me staring... Oh god, I'd never hear the end of it."