Chapter 12

Your Outfit

The time had gone by so fast and it was already time to leave and go back home

The time had gone by so fast and it was already time to leave and go back home. You and Rodney had make sure you had everything just before the two of you left. The taxi got you to the airport where your private jet was waiting. 

You just giggled! As soon you got into the air and everything was settled in, you had to use the bathroom. But while you were in there, Rodney was getting a call from Fender on his walkie talkie.

"Earth to Rodney! Come in Rodney!"He said with voice in static.

"Hello? Fender? Are you there?"

"Buddy, we need you!" He said.

"Why what's going on?" Rodney asked

"Drillzer is attacking!!!" Fender cried over the radio.

"Excuse me?"

Fender told Rodney about Drillzer and how he's about to try and seek revenge because he wants Ratchet's policies back.

"This guy wants to get us all outmoded again!" Fender added.

"No way!" Rodney retorted.

"Yes! You are the only true hero all of us know that can stop Drillzer!"

"Well, it's a good thing that (Y/N) and I are on the way home but we had just taken off and are now 12 hours away. I do promise to come and help immediately."

"Thank you, Rodney! You're my best friend!" Fender cheered.

The two hung up soon as you came back from the toilet. "What's going on? I thought I heard some commotion." You asked.

"Well, Fender just called and told ......." "Actually, could we discuss this when we get home?" You asked cutting him off. "That's fine but this is going to be very important." He replied while wrapping an arm around you. 

~~~~~~

The two of you let time pass and soon landed before you knew it. It was already 5 in the evening. You were driven back home but first things first, you had to get settled in with some things you bought just before you and Rodney teleported back to your apartment in the robots dimension. 

Rodney made another walkie talkie call to Fender to let him know you were home while you unpacked and put some things away.  It felt good to be home but you still didn't know what was going between Rodney and his phone calls. 

You came out asking Rodney what was the big deal. He explained to you about Drillzer and what he's after but that wasn't the end. "Tomorrow I am going with the gang  to track him down." He said. You were about to tell that you will prepare yourself tomorrow, however Rodney didn't want you to. "No, (Y/N)! I need you to stay here."He replied.

'Why?" You asked starting to feel frustrated. "Because this is a dangerous mission for you and Fender told me what he has discovered about Drillzer." 

"What's that? Is it something to do with me I assume?" 

"Yes, it is and it's too scary that I just cannot tell you."

"But Rodney, we just married and you could get killed. How would that every be prevented if I'm not there to protect you?" You said nearly about to panic.

"(Y/N)!" Rodney pulled you onto his lap and hugged you close. "I will be okay and know what to do but since you are a human, I know that you easily won't survive a fight in this dimension. Humans cannot be repaired the way robots can. I do not want to lose you now that we're married either." All you did is sigh quietly. "So please do me a favor and promise to stay here until this is over." Rodney said sounding very protective again.  "Aunt Fan and Piper are coming tomorrow to keep you company." 

"That's nice but it just won't be the same." You said. "I was looking forward for some quality time together and settle into our new marriage after our honeymoon. 

"I did too." Rodney replied just before clearing his throat continuing. "But I promise we will get to do all that  when this is over."

From that moment on for the rest of the evening, you kept worry with you until bedtime.

~~~~~

The next morning, Rodney left just before you went to take your shower. You felt so sad that you were nearly about to cry but it was hard to stop at this rate. But just when you came wrapped in a terry cloth bathrobe and turban on your head, Aunt Fanny was already there was a well-prepared human breakfast. There, you thanked her for the waffles and mini sausage patties. But you were still sad and missed Rodney.

"(Y/N), how have you been girl? Oh I meant to ask, how was the honeymoon?" Piper asked curiously. You told her all that had happened and all the fun you had but it did bring you back to missing Rodney. She complimented on your hair streaks and you explained how it happened but you knew it was going to fade in a couple of months.

From there, you decided to go sort some things out in your closet and Piper wanted to help. In there, you began to see clothing bits you had never noticed you had before. You decided to try each of them all  Piper watched as if you were modeling in a fashion show.

Not all them were able to fit but they nice. You knew what to do if they didn't fit. 

By then, you wanted some alone time for some reason and still missed Rodney. "Okay, girl but let us know if you need anything." Piper replied.

You decided to write in your  diary.