Chapter 9-To Paris

You and Rodney only had one place left on your honeymoon list. Paris! The two of you made your way to the airport to find your private jet waiting for you. 

Before taking off, Rodney saw a revealed secret to how you able to bring all these clothes and accessories with you. The jet had a closet in the bedroom to where you were storing the extras and from there, you chose which ones for each destination. 

The plane soon began to take off and just like that, you Rodney began to have an interesting conversation. "At last, in 13 hours I going to see the worlds fashion capital with all the major shopping!" You nearly squealed with excitement. 

"So, you've never seen this place in all your life?" Rodney asked. "I haven't but I always wanted to. I understand Paris is such a beautiful city and the French language is so fancy! I remember taking lessons in high school." You replied. "Could you speak any French for me?" He asked you.

"Je vous amie, Rodney!" You said. "That means I love you." You could tell Rodney would've blushed.  From there, you kissed him on his metal cheek. He wrapped an arm around to get you to relax. 

"I got to see some of the places I always wanted to visit my entire life. Not all of them though but it makes for our honeymoon." 

"What do you mean, (Y/N)?"

"After our honeymoon, I don't know where I where to travel next. Like, I want to visit Scotland and be back before anyone can say, Ewan McGregor! I want to see Stockholm, Malin, Tokyo, Jamaica, Moscow, Neuschwanstein Castle, there's all these great landmarks and icons. We could see the pyramid in Egypt, go on a Savannah safari in Africa, see Taj Mahal in India....."

"Gosh (Y/N)! I never knew the human world had so many fascinating places." Rodney replied beginning to sound fascinated. "Next time, I think we should invite the others to go. I'm pretty sure Fender and gang would love that."

"Of course there are so many different spots to see in my own country and that's what makes it so unique. I could be hitting the slopes again in Colorado, see the Grand Canyon, Miami Beach, The Kentucky Derby, The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Hershey Pennsylvania, Mount Rushmore, Williamsburg, San Francisco, I don't know where to start." You began to pant. 

"Take it easy, (Y/N)! We do need some time at home as well."Rodney admitted. "I know." You cleared your throat and continued. "Pretty soon it will be you, me and our Robot City home! Count our friends in too." You smirked. 

The two of you talked for a little while as well you got some refreshments and him getting oil.

But then you and Rodney fell asleep. It was rather late once you got to Paris. But that meant you got to see the lights you could already see them in the distance. "Aren't the lights of Paris beautiful?" You asked. "Not as beautiful as you but yes they are." Rodney replied. 

The two of you were about to enter the Pont de l'Alma tunnel. It made you sigh in sadness.

 It made you sigh in sadness

"What's wrong, (Y/N)?" Rodney asked with worry. "This is where my royal idol was killed just about 10 years ago."

"Who?"

"Diana! Princess Diana!" You almost cried. "That was the lady on who the doll I had was based on. She was too young to die!"

"No! What happened?" Rodney asked about to seem frightened. "She and her boyfriend, Dodi had a terrible car crash in this tunnel as far I know. Diana wasn't dead yet but she was badly injured. She was taken to the hospital to recover, but pretty soon it was too late. I was only 11 years old, and I had just gone to bed two hours earlier that Saturday night. But then I heard my mother crying and the news playing on TV. It woke me up and walked out to the living room wanting to know what happen. Mom told me that the princess had died after a car accident. But then she told me to just go back to bed.  I would've cried but I was too tired to. I am so glad I did not get rid of my doll because it made me want to hold her. I was told that some of our family who were living in the UK at the time called and told her to turn on the news.  Mom and I watched the funeral a week later while dad was doing some CEO work. She sobbed nearly all the way and I even shed a few tears but then fell asleep. I had the doll in my arms the whole way. At the time, I had just started junior high and even many of the teachers there throughout the week were very upset. I could not help but want to reveal what had happened to me a year earlier. I told them I met the princess in Chicago the year before. Everyone there was so surprised and went crazy around me and therefore, I was already becoming a popular girl in the school. They said I was so lucky to have done that. Although these triplet girls, Kenzie, Alexis and Phoebe bullied me throughout junior high all because they were jealous of everything I had but they soon became more tolerant and they ended up being friends with my in high school."

Rodney looked heartbroken through half of it while also found it wonderful to hear about how lucky you were. 

"Yeah, the people adored Diana because she was so different from the rest of the royals. She was kind and gentle and was like the kind of person many of us hang out with. They loved her for her charities and all the joy she bought to not only the UK but the entire world. I can see how terrible it is to lose such a lovely lady like her so soon."

Rodney wrapped an arm around you for comfort. "I'm so sorry." He whispered. "No, Rodney it happened before I even knew you." You replied.