9

JENNIE places the flower in front of the grave stone which read: Thomas Bruschweiler; Sept. 18, 1966 – May 12, 2021; A Loving Father and a Loving Husband.

She kneeled in front of the grave stone, closed her eyes and silently prayed.

***

“As expected Lisa will lay him to rest beside her mother,” Jennie said after her prayers.

“As what Lisa said her stepfather love her mother very much, I’m sure uncle will want his body beside his wife," Jisoo replied.

“Yeah, he will surely say it,” and Jennie smiled because she saw how Lisa’s parents love each other very much and she stared at the grave stones, “uncle, auntie, I’m sorry for being stubborn and a fool, because of it I hurt Lisa but I will not repeat my mistake, I will make it up with Lisa, let me again to be with your daughter because I love her more than before.”

***

“I wonder where Lisa’s biological father is,” Jisoo said.

They’re now on their way to Jennie’s residence.

“Auntie Kristy said that Lisa didn’t get a chance to see her father because he left when Lisa is only 2yrs old,” Jennie replied.

“That asshole,” Jisoo commented.

“Do you think he’s still alive?” Rosé asked, wondering too.

“Yeobo, if you think he still had a chance to be a father to Lisa if he's still alive,” and shook her head, “I will surely kick his ass.”

“If he’s still alive, I will surely hide Lisa,” Jennie said, “they didn’t care anymore of where he is because even her biological father didn’t want anything from Lisa.”

“So, her father despised them?” Rosé asked.

Jennie nodded, “her biological father wanted his first born to be a boy, he tried to love Lisa after she was born but he still doesn’t want her and left them, leaving only a letter.”

“What auntie felt?”

“She already expected it so she wasn’t devastated but felt sad for Lisa, so after a month she readied the divorce and the father immediately signed it, I’m glad he left because he’s not a good father.”

“Then Uncle Thomas…?”

“Auntie Kristy met him when Lisa was 4 and got married after 3yrs, uncle Thomas was really a good father to Lisa, despite of his busy schedule, he don’t have a kid too because he’s barren so all of his knowledge he passed it down to Lisa and Lisa never disappoint him and make him proud like he’s Lisa’s real father.”

“Family isn’t really based on blood,” Rosé said.

Jisoo smiled at this, “you’re right, yeobo.”

Jennie smiled and agreed too.

***

“We’ll be here later, okay?” Rosé said.

“Ask your parents’ permission,” Jisoo said.

“I will,” and she bid goodbye, “see you later gays.”

Jisoo and Rosé waited for Jennie to enter the gate before they leave.

Jennie happily strides towards her room when someone called her and saw her dad.

“Jen, is that Jisoo’s car?”

“Yes, dad, they took me home.”

“Where is Jong-In?”

“Uhm—where is mom?”