ᴄᴀᴘɪᴛᴜʟᴜᴍ xxɪɪɪ: ᴀᴍᴏʀ ᴏʀᴅɪɴᴇᴍ ɴᴇsᴄɪᴛ

I beg you to look at the cuteness of the picture above, it will make your day.

📜Chapter 23: Love doesn't follow rules📜

𝑁𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑜𝑟'𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉

In a hot-like-hell afternoon in the mid the of summer, Eren found himself walking on the only decently-built road of that province, that of course led to the governor's property, his back overly sweaty as he'd been turning it to the sun for almost an hour.

Locals had been looking down bad at him for how weirdly he was walking: his back turned to the sun, and to them.

He was walking kind of.. like a crab: but those people had probably never seen one, so they must have just thought the man was drunk.

Why was he walking like that?

No, he hadn't completely lost his mind yet.

He walked like that to protect, from the violent heat, the boy that was curled up against his chest, asleep and full.

Every time he had to eat, that being three/four times a day, someone had to carry him to his nanny, whose place wasn't exactly around the corner.

And he was also particularly grumpy that one day, so all the other slaves had forced the brunet to walk back and forth, under the sun, so they wouldn't have to deal with the crying and screaming.

The baby kept moving in his sleep, pulling down Eren's clothes to reveal the red or purple marks all over his neck, till under his collarbone; the brunet absolutely loved to look down at the child, to admire that pretty raven hair and the semi-opened, giant blue eyes.

...

As he'd finally made it home, Eren hurried to get the boy to his crib so he himself could take care of some urgent business.

He rushed to look for Levi in his study, but he wasn't there.

He wasn't in his bedroom, nor the yard, nor in the kitchen, not even in the closet.
Nowhere to be found.

He sighed, trying not to be too loud, to slowly walk outside, directed to his primary duty: tending the fields.

But, as he walked past baby Gaius' room, he could see at the corner of his own eye that he was jumping in his crib, not asleep at all.

Eren held him, to notice that he was covered in sweat: as of so, he thought it was really the case that the boy had to take a bath.
Having collected everything necessary, Eren walked to the bathroom closely followed by the child.

As the door opened, it felt like walking inside a cloud: hot steam, everywhere.

Inside the underground bath, that the brunet now damn well knew, was the slightly taller raven.

"Aren't you knocking on doors anymore?"
"Aren't you calling me when you take a bath anymore?"

Levi ironically raised his eyebrows, to then smirk a little.
He then stretched his arms out, to ask the boy to hug him.
Holding that little copy of himself, he started to speak with that voice.
That one voice everyone makes when talking to a small child.

He was trying so, so hard to be a good father, having little to no idea what he was supposed to do.

And the brunet there stood, staring at the scene before his eyes, looking astonished, for several seconds, to then knock himself out of that trance:
"I think I'll go now. See you tonigh-"

"Why leaving so early..?"
"..."
"..."
"..."
"Do you have stuff to do..?"

Yes, yes he did.