ᴄᴀᴘɪᴛᴜʟᴜᴍ xᴠɪɪɪ: ǫᴜᴏs ᴀᴍᴏʀ ᴠᴇʀᴜs ᴛᴇɴᴜɪᴛ, ᴛᴇɴᴇʙɪᴛ.

Chibi EreRi, in case you had a bad day👆🏻

📜Chapter 18: Those who really loved, always will.📜

𝐸𝑟𝑒𝑛'𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉

It was still kind of dark, when we left.

For the first minutes, no sound between us occurred, other than the noise of our shoes on the gravel; he, actually, is dragging his own feet, more than walking.
And the excessively big dark circles under his redder-than-ever eyes give me a hard time recognising the man I've fallen for.

No, I haven't gotten over it yet.

When, yesterday, he said that we're 'friends' I felt my heart aching: a mix of jealousy and disappointment.
At night, I wanted to get into his bed, for one last time.
But, luckily, I got a hold of myself.

Because we're breaking apart in a month, anyway.
And it's my fault.
It's all my fault and mine only.

Today the wind is particularly cold, and it smells like it's going to rain.
And I'm dragging along, with a rope, a pig that doesn't seem to understand this is the last trip of its life.

I didn't want to talk, because he seriously looks like he can just stand and barely walk, but can't talk.
At the same time though, the silence is embarrassing.

"So... what are we gonna do when we get there?"

He answered immediately, but didn't look at me: "It's a pretty long ceremony, but long story short she's somewhere getting dressed in a very peculiar way, when she's ready her family takes here where we're headed, we sacrifice that pig and someone examines its intestines.
If it shows that we don't have the gods' favour..."

"The wedding wouldn't happen?!"
"Well, yeah. But please don't shout."
And he still doesn't look at me.

Oh, if they really could call it off last minute.
I'd throw a fucking party.

Yes, I'm jealous of a person I can't call mine and from which I'll separate in a few days again.
I'm embarrassing.

He kept going, after some instants of silence: "If the response is positive, we'll just exchange some ritual formulas and we'll be married.

And after one long feast, we'll all go back to my place.
There'll be children playing instruments, people singing; embarrassing stuff like that.
At the head of the procession there will be three friends of mine that will.."

But didn't his cousin-I-forgot-the-name-of say he doesn't have friends?!

"Then there will be her best friend that will accompany her just till our bed, there I'll undo three knots on her belt, and then..."

"And then?!"
"What do you think will happen, after that..?"

He spoke like he was about to burst into tears.
And once again, it's my fault.

"Y-yeah, that, I'm sorry..."

I'm gonna fucking kill her if she lays a finger on him.

"It's fine, really..."
"And.. also.. what are Furlan and the others doing today?"
"They're fixing my bedroom, since I won't be alone there, anymore."

I'll do it, I'll throw hands at a woman.

𝑁𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑜𝑟'𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉

That morning, or actually so early it was still pitch black outside, Levi had gotten up for a quick, cold bath.
He then sat in front of his mirror, to start combing his hair as best as he could.