What?

An arm elbows my side and I hiss in pain looking towards Leo who waves his head in the girls direction.

I clear my throat, "Hi."

"Smooth," Leo whispers from next to me but I send him a scowl. Which he returns with a fake smile.

"I don't see you doing any better so be quiet," I whisper shout, looking at the girl who's raised her head to us now.

Eyebrows raised and everything as if she didn't just come and sit down next to us, without saying anything.

"Hey," She answers, her voice is light and sweet, not what I was expecting.

I was expecting her to have a deep voice, and have a little attitude in her tone of voice. But she doesn't, it's all soft and sweet.

"Sup," Leo nods, looking back towards me and edging me on to say something again.

"How are you?" I ask, tilting my head to one side, unsure what to do with this random girl in front of me.

Leo grumbles something from next to me, and I scowl at him before turning back to the girl who's currently grinning at us.

"I'm good thank you," The girl smiled, showing her very white teeth. "Thanks for asking, you seem so sweet."

My eyebrows furrow as Leo snorts, I glare at him again before opening my mouth to speak, but he interrupts me.

"Let me do it," He turns to me, gritting his teeth as I try not to laugh. "What's your name baby girl?"

We both snort this time and the girl bursts into laughter before wiping underneath her nose.

"My name is Astrid, and do not call me baby girl or I will be sick all over the grass," She mocks, speaking between laughs.

"Me too," I join in, turning to Leo who currently gapes at us, probably feeling a little humiliated. Bless him.

"I'm Brielle, and this is Leo," I pat the boy who's currently going a little red on the back as she smiles.

"I like your name, it's cool," Astrid nods, closing her book.

"Thanks," Leo answers for me, earning a look from Astrid. He sighs again before resting his head on his knees, but keeping his eyes open so he can see us.

"Leo here, wants to know if you want to become friends?" I question, smiling a little.

Leo's arm hits my side, "No I didn't. I didn't say that, I didn't-"

I cut him off, "So what do you say? Need some new besties?" I joke, smiling at the now gaping Leo who is glaring at me.

He raises his finger to his neck, and drags it across. Symbolising cutting my neck open, how sweet.

Astrid's face lights up, the small freckles on her nose becoming much clearer as her face scrunches up from smiling so hard.

"I would love too!" She gasps, pushing her book in her bag mumbling words like 'finally!' and 'this is exciting'.

"You don't like the popular girls do you?" Leo mumbles hopefully, trying to find some kind of excuse to run away.

Astrid scowls, "No, as much as they're hot, your hotter," She points towards me and I laugh.

Leo scoffs rolling his eyes in response before muttering some unholy words.

"One of the girls pushed me over a few years ago, after that they just humiliated me constantly," She shrugs, seeming some what unbothered.