“Oh come on man.  Many people are to be blamed for her leaving, not just you,” I said reassuringly to him.

“Yes, but Trudy and I were her own.  She was our own little sister,” he whispered in pain and covered his eyes.  “If only I had realized that a little earlier.  She is only 15, not even a wolf yet, and she’s out in this world filled with rogues all on her own.  She can’t even protect herself.  You know she is like a child.  She will trust anybody, and won’t even complain if she is hurt.” He gave a small laugh and looked down at his feet in shame. “I used to take advantage of all those traits of hers, and now I’m worried about someone else using them for their own benefit.”

“She will be back soon,” I said and gave a nod of reassurance.  I didn’t know what else to say.  He was whining like a girl.

“I doubt it,” he said and laughed humorlessly. “After what she went through here, this will be the last place she will want to come back.  I just hope she shifts into her wolf soon.”

“She didn’t shift on her fifteenth.”

“Yeah, I still don’t get it.”

Neither did I.   Templar is such an unusual case.  Wolves that have one human parent always shift on their 13th birthday, but this was… I don’t have any idea how to describe it or what it was.

 “Anyways, I got to go man. Or else…” Terence said getting up and let out a loud sigh.

“Teresa has to take some of the blame for this too,” I told him.  Damn right, she had to!

“You have to take some of the blame too,” he said, looking at me with sad eyes, then left.

I growled at him as he left.  Bastard!  How dare he?  I know I didn’t treat her right, but I had my reasons. If she ever does return, I’ll make sure to stay out of her way because of what I did, but I won’t apologize to her, because I am the Alpha.

I had enough drama for one morning, so I headed to the gym to work out some of my tension.  There was still time before school started, and breakfast wasn’t cooked yet.  The cook would take a while.  He arrived after he was done at my dad’s place.  So I had plenty of time.

I’m 16 and an Alpha. Unlike my father, I loved being an Alpha.  I enjoy the power that comes with it.  It’s amusing to see how fearful everyone is of you.  My dad handed me the title of Alpha on my sixteenth birthday; two years earlier than he should have.  After my mother’s death he went crazy, and lost interest in being an Alpha.  He would lash out at anybody, anytime.  Templar took a lot from him because she was an easy target.  After she left he started snapping at little kids.  I couldn’t stay with that crazy old man anymore, so as soon as I became the Alpha, I built a house for myself that suited my purposes.

Dad had handed me the title on my sixteenth, thinking that someone in the pack will turn out to be my mate.  None of the girls in the pack turned out to be her, and I was glad for that.  I know mates are everything, and all that crap, so I will find her when the time is right, but right now I don’t need one.