Chapter 15

I don't know if this chapter is up to the mark or not because I had to combine lots of scenes writing differently.

And how's the new cover, or should I stick to the old one?

*_*_*_*_*

19 July, Wednesday
11:30am

Annika got herself deeply engrossed in the report file her juniors had submitted, that contained the statements of Oberoi hotel staffs. Another file with statements of guests was yet to come, while Vikram was driving them to the Department Office.

Annika had let the London author Richard Anderson to stay off hook for now, cause she didn't see any connection of his with Victoria's death.

The only interesting piece of information came from a female kitchen staff who was assigned to manage beverage orders of first ten floors. That girl came tagging along with her junior and told them that perfectly at 5.05am, she received an order from room number 803 for a milk coffee with extra cream and a latte. That time, the speaker on call was a woman.

Again, at 5.09am, a male called back form 803 and cancelled the order. She guessed his age to be around thirties with his voice.

When the car stopped because of traffic jam, Annika shut the file and turned to face Vikram, who was watching her with scrutinizing gaze.

"Is there something wrong with me face?" She asked him and then quickly checked in the rear mirror.

"No, but is there something wrong with you?" He enquired, to which she just raised her eyebrows, making him continue.

"Why did you promise your lov.., I mean, Shivaay to let him freely get involved in investigation?" Vikram questioned and saw a bored appear on her face which made him roll his eyes.

According to him, now, he was hundred percent sure never to question the thinking capacity and reasoning ability of such stubborn and egoist people madly in love. Cause they don't have one.

"Do you have any problem with it?" Annika countered.

"Of course not. It will be better to have a helping hand. But here I'm talking about you. You'll get into trouble for bringing him in. I'm anyways on an official leave. I should've been resting, but still I became your aide and now your driver.

Yesterday, when we talked, you were like..." She cut him off in between, aware of the surrounding.

"That was something personal. Here, I'm being professional. Unlike you." She taunted him.

She'd seen him stealing secret glances at Meera here and there. Though his expressions remained stoic all time, but she knew him better. It wasn't like she would object if he took liking in Meera. Annika didn't hate or disliked her. It was just her ability to befriend and charm people and her goody two shoes personality scorched Annika. It was necessary was a hotel manager to know how to charm people. Cherry on the top, her eyes, that always tried to see through people.

"Me? I was being unprofessional?" Vikram couldn't believe that out of all people, Annika was saying that.

"Doesn't it itself sounds like a rhetorical question, Vikram?" Annika mumbled, tilting her head with a caught you smile which gave him the hint.

"You're talking about Manager Rathore, right? I personally interrogated her when you were busy with the small family reunion in that private room. I even showed you the recording. But you didn't even ask Shivaay a single question, let alone interrogating him. Instead you gave him an out of the box chance. Then I don't see how come I went unprofessional by giving her a chance?"