Chapter 11

July 18, Tuesday
12:30pm

"Hey Anu, what are you doing?" Gauri's  chirpy voice buzzed through Annika's phone.

After thinking a lot for a good plan to make their mission Shivika Reunion successful, Gauri came up with a idea. Anyways, both Shivaay and Annika had a set of duties and responsibilities to fulfill in Omkara and Gauri's engagement preps. So they decided to give few jobs to Shivika together, which could make them see what they were missing or on the verge of loosing in their life because of their stubbornness.

"Do you have anything important to say? Or else I'll hang up." Annika warned, furiously walking in the direction of department office. Still, no matter how much swiftly she moved, the images of the kiss she and Shivaay shared minutes ago in the elevator wasn't ready to leave her mind. And this annoyed her at lot.

It was a slip, an accident, she tried to justify. But her subconscious mind wasn't ready to pay heed to any of her excuses. She was getting mad, less at Shivaay and more at herself. Only in the morning her subconscious mind and she had colloquially promised to maintain distance from Shivaay. Still, only his touch and warmth made her break that promise. She couldn't even wonder how many more promises were going to be broken because of him.

"You sound frustrated. What happened?" Gauri asked, adjusting her phone between her ear and shoulder while going through a patient's file.

'I dug my own grave' was Annika's response.

"Will you tell me what actually happened than throwing googlies?" Gauri demanded.

That was it. Annika couldn't hold back. She had to tell someone what had happened before her mind bursts.

"I kissed Shivaay." Annika muttered under her breath, biting her lower lip.

For a moment, the phone between Gauri's ear and shoulder slipped, before she caught it on time.

"You kissed Shivaay?" Though Gauri was sure she'd heard Annika perfectly, still she didn't wanted to misinterpret.

Unlike Annika's meek uncertain voice, Gauri sounded amused. Something was finally happening in her and Omkara's favor.

"Technically, Shivaay kissed me." Annika corrected her sentence, though both the time, she was embarrassed.

"And you kissed him back?"

This seemed interesting to Gauri since she didn't mind that Annika had started being too much uncomfortable with the direction of the conversation.

"I'd lost it. But let me tell you, it was an accident" Annika defended, though her inner self wanted to smack her for lying.

"Oh, an accident?" Gauri asked again, trying hard not to chuckle.

"Of course, it was an accident. You believe me, right?" Annika mumbled again, to reassure. Only thing was she didn't knew whom she was reassuring.

"Yeah, I completely believe you." Gauri agreed, but her voice clearly expressed her real thoughts, that she didn't believe Annika at all. And Annika got this hint much more clearly.

Now, she cursed herself for telling everything to the wrong person.

"I get it, you're not in my team." Annika sighed. "Fine, I don't care. Now, tell me why you called before it really hang up."

"I have a list for duties for you, but for now, help me in selecting ring for Omkara." Gauri requested, keeping her fingers crossed.

"I already have enough work." Annika replied, entering the gate of department office.