Chapter 3: Target Practice

July 31st, 1952
Heinrich von Richthofen, Red Squadron, Blue Sea

Up above the sea, a squad of brand new Naval jets flew at subsonic speed to their target.

Their target? A port city called Flumendosa.

Intel says it was a major naval garrison, where at least a fifth of the Saderan fleet was stationed. For the most part, their ships could easily handle them, but they need a target for their new planes.

And ships made an amazing target.

Up in the sky, five Me 275 Jaegers were flying high and fast to their target.

This brand new Carrier-based Naval fighter jet was less than a month old and it's already been deployed on the new world.

Heinrich was up in the sky with his squadron, flying high and fast towards the target.

"Red Actual to Baseplate, Port in sight. Permission to engage?"

"Baseplate to Red Actual, you're clear to engage."

"Solid copy Baseplate, Red Actual out."

Richthofen closed his comms with the Carrier, and then open channels with his squadron.

"Alright boys, this is it. Keep your eyes sharp, don't want any of you crashing into wyverns."

A chorus of acknowledgement followed before the five jets dive towards the port.

31st day of the second month of Summer, 826
Flumendosa, Saderan Empire

After the Battle that took place yesterday, everybody in the city is feeling uneasy. How could they not? 150 vessels were sent to intercept an enemy fleet and only a 5 ships came back, and then the sailors began telling horrifying tales of giant floating fortress of steel that destroy their ships using untold numbers of destruction magic from leagues away.

Let's just say, when the guards came to arrest said sailors, it's not exactly comforting, and fear began to spread across the city the moment word spread around. Naturally, the legate ruling the city dismiss this as nonsense and order 250 vessels to pursue the enemy, while the remaining 50 stay docked as reserves.

On the docks of Flumendosa, a soldier stands bored. He was tasked with guarding the docks in case thiefs came to stole cargo but most people hid in their houses like cowards. Do they really thought such freak of nature could exist? There's no kingdom on this world that could match Sadera!

He heard a low rumbling noise, but he ignored it. Then the noise got louder, and louder, and louder. He finally look up, and his eyes almost pop out of their sockets.

He saw 5 wyverns, moving ridiculously fast, and it's heading towards the docks.

He froze in fear as the wyverns flew closer, and closer, until a black object came from the bottom of the wyverns, while they change angle and flew quickly overhead.

Meanwhile, the object hit the ships, and the ship was in pieces.

Heinrich von Richthofen, Red Squadron, Flumendosa

"Hmm Do I love the smell of Napalms in the morning."

Richthofen couldn't agree more with his squadmates. It was quite a sight seeing wooden ships and docks burning with Lb 5000 of explosives. But now, there's more job to do.