Chapter Fifteen

Bella woke the next morning as the sun shone brightly through the slit in the curtains. Yawning, the girl rubbed her eyes before attempting to sit up, only to be restricted by a weight across her stomach.

"Dios mio," she groaned as her eyes landed on a mop of blonde hair resting on her torso. She smiled widely as she ran her fingers through his hair, her fingertips massaging his scalp.

As she continued, the girl looked around, her eyes landing on maddie, who had decided to use Bella's thighs for a pillow. She grimaced at the puddle of drool that had formed on her leg.

"Maddie, you are so not going to live this down" she giggled slightly as she took a picture of the curly-haired girl.

Twenty minutes later, she decided it was time for her to get up and make breakfast. She slowly pushed Rudy off her stomach, holding his head as she rested it on the pillow she had placed next to her, before slowly wriggling out of Maddie's grasp.

Bella tip-toed through the living room, stepping carefully over Austin and Drew, who were in fact spooning. She giggled as she took a picture, keeping it for later.

Bella closed the door quietly behind her, before she began softly humming her's and Dom's song. However, her humming was interrupted when she looked up and met eyes with the man who shattered her heart the night before.

She scoffed, before walking past him and going to the fridge.

"Best thing about drinking with you baby bells, you don't get hangovers and make everyone breakfast in the morning" the dark haired man spoke softly in an attempt to break the ice.

Bella ignored him, focusing on getting all of the ingredients to make pancakes.

"Bells, please look at me." Dylan pleaded, desperately trying to get her to acknowledge him.

"You broke me, you know that right?" Bella spoke, her eyes never leaving the mixing bowl.

"I know. And I'm so unbelievably sorry." Dylan hung his head low, ashamed of the words he had spoken the night before.

"I never knew you felt that way." He continued, catching Bella's attention.

"That's the thing. Nobody knew. When I took in Mateo, it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. To know that he's not my baby, but is in fact Matt and Kaylee. To see them every time I look at him kills me. Matias' smile, Kaylee's eyes, the cheeky grin that spreads across his face when he tries annoying me. That's all Matt. Nobody knew I felt that way because I stepped up for Matt." Tears slipped down Bella's cheeks as she spoke, drawing tears from Dylan too.

"Baby bells, you're doing such an amazing job, you know that right?" Dylan stood up, walking towards her.

"When you say everything that you did last night, it's kind of hard to believe." She scoffed, wiping her tears before turning to face the man.

"I didn't mean it, I got too wrapped up in trying to protect you."

"I know, and I know you guys think I can't protect myself but I can, I know what I'm doing" Bella shrugged, before walking towards Dylan.

"I love you" she smiled, before she was embraced in his arms.

"Te amo," Dyl replied, squeezing the small girl.

"If you ever say anything like that again, this friendship is over" Bella's voice was muffled by his shirt.

"I know baby bells. I won't say anything like that again, I promise" Dylan kissed the top of her head before she pulled away.

"Now, let's make these pancakes and wake they're sorry asses up" Bella giggled, before the two cracked on.

Half an hour later, the pancakes were ready to be plated up, meaning it was time to wake up the crew.

Bella jumped on Drew and Austin, while Dylan shook maddie and Rudy awake. Loud groans erupted from Drew and Austin as they rolled over. As the two opened their eyes, the jolted backwards, the realisation that they had been cuddling all night hitting them.

"Cmon boys and Maddie, it's breakfast time" Bella sung, before heading off to find Mads and Chase.

-> LEAH SPEAKS
Hi everyone, I know this is short and took me ages to publish, but I've had a lot going on. I'm trying to continue writing but I keep running out of ideas. However, every comment left on this story makes me smile, and drives me to continue the story.

Thank you for all of the love on when I'm gone, if you have any ideas whatsoever please drop them in the comments or message me.

I love you all, drink enough, eat enough, and please be careful.

I love you ❤️