chapter two

4th April →2019 → LA

4th April 2019 LA

The next morning, Bella was the first awake, after not being able to sleep all night. She was gutted that her best friend was leaving, and she wasn't going to see him for a few weeks. Even though she knew how amazing this opportunity would be for his career, she couldn't help but wish he stayed with her and Teo.

Bella rolled out of bed and pulled on a pair of sweats. She couldn't really tell if they were Chase's or Owen's, but she couldn't care less. The girl trudged through to Mateo's room, only to find his snoring softly. Bella smiled, studying the small boy, clearly seeing both Kaylee and Matias in his face. Brown, curly hair like Mat, and bright emerald eyes just like Kaylee's. A solitary tear rolled down her cheek at the memory of her brother and best friend. They were taken too soon, way too soon. Matias hadn't even seen the final Descendants movie release, and it broke her heart again. However, Isabella wiped her tears and walked out of the sleeping boy's room, gently closing the door in an effort to make as little noise as possible.

The short girl shuffled to Chase's room to check if he was awake. He wasn't. Bella contemplated jumping on him, but after looking at the time and realising he could sleep for another hour before he had to start getting ready, she decided against it. Owen, however. Owen could afford to be woken up.

Bella tip-toed through the apartment to the room next door to hers. Silently, she pushed open the door and her eyes fell on the sleeping blonde man. He was knocked out, his hair messy and all over his pillow. He looked cute. But that didn't stop Bella.

The girl ran towards the bed and jumped, landing straight on top of her best friend, causing him to groan loudly. "Bella, what the fuck?" he muttered, nuzzling into the pillow more.

"Owen?" She spoke, jabbing her finger into his cheek, "Owen, Owen, Owen, Owen, Ow-" before she could say his name and annoy him some more, the boy wrapping his arm around her and pulled her next to him, making her lie face down on the mattress.

"Ahhh, listen. Can you hear that?" Owen whispered, waiting a few second before continuing, "That is the beautiful sound of silence. Shut the fuck up, Isabella"

"Oh dios mio" Bella whispered as she pushed her body up, "Owen, we need to make Chase and Teo's breakfast"

The girl waited for a reply, but never got one, "Owen, come on"

Once again, he didn't reply.

"Owen, I swear to god if you don't get your ass up and in the kitchen I will" The girl quickly switched to spanish, " asesinarte mientras dormías y alimentar con tus restos a los cerdos"

"Okay, I have no idea what the fuck you just said, but I'm up. Please don't scold me in Spanish. It scares me" Owen whined, getting up out of bed and walking into the bathroom.