Chapter 9: The Black Princess

Mulai dari awal

He was silenced for a moment." You could say I am closely associated with one." He replied. Sona nodded." But onto more pressing matters. Where did those demons come from? And why are they in Kuoh?" She asked.

At this, Issei looked at Rias who moved over to Koneko to heal her, while Akeno looked to be regaining consciousness. Despite her eagerness to heal her rook, she was still running around mostly naked.

Issei wanted to smile at this. This was the Rias he had come to know during his time at Kuoh. The caring young girl who couldn't bare to see anyone get hurt. The girl who would try to help others in need regardless of how it affected her.

And yet, he was forced to remember that she is also a Gremory. A devil princess that is prideful in nature. Greedy, seeing nothing but what she wants and how to get it. Not seeing the path of destruction she leaves behind her. Or the misery she causes.

It was like she had two personalities. One of a high school girl. The other of a true devil.

"In truth, you are the cause of their appearance. You and Rias." He spoke. This caught Sona by surprise." What do you mean?" She asked." Imagine a meter, capable of measuring demonic presences. Before you and Rias came here, the measuring of demonic presence in Kuoh was at zero.

Strays naturally avoid areas that have a zero rating of demonic presence because chances are pretty good that exorcists, priests or other holy men reside there. So they only stick to places that have demonic presences. Regardless of how low it is. Before you guys came to Kuoh, the ratings of strays showing up was barely higher than zero.

But you came here, and those measurements gradually started to rise..." he spoke. Sona looked on shocked at this revelation but continued on listening."..You enrolled in Kuoh Academy as students. That's when shit struck the fan." Issei continued. This confused Sona." Why would our enrollment cause problems?" She asked.

The cloaked figure held up his hand." I'm getting there. You enrolled into Kuoh. This means that whatever training you guys had to do took place in the afternoon or evening. Even your contract jobs took place in the evenings. And you also hunt strays in the night. That's the problem.

Because you began training during the evenings, the son was unable to neutralize the demonic energy you guys released, and it seeped into the environment. This caused the demonic presence to increase.

Eventually, strays started to feel the presence and was drawn here. That wouldn't have been a problem, if you guys had simply sent them back to Hell, but no. You started killing them off. That's when shit struck the fan for a second time." By now, Rias had joined the group, clothed and hearing what the man had to say.

"Why would us killing of the strays be a problem?" She asked as she came and stood next to Sona." Thanks for beating my peerage into the ground." She added with a pout. He smiled." It wasn't pleasant, now was it. Just means you have to step up your game." He replied and turned back to Sona.

"You devils and demons possess spiritual bodies. Bodies which merely act as vessels for the spirit. Think of your bodies as a water balloon, containing all your body's and spirit's energies.

When you kill a demon or a devil, you pop the balloon. The demon's will or the devil's soul returns to Hell, where it's body will reform. But back here, everything else is left behind. Because when the body is destroyed, all the physical and spiritual energies, the chi, aura and mana of the being you killed gets released into the environment along with the power you yourselves exerted.

Because most of the strays we're killed in either underground or abandoned buildings, it wasn't very easy for the sun to neutralize the demonic presences because its rays couldn't reach them.