"Your temperature feels fine." She mumbled, cupping Y/N's face, "Oh... but your cheeks are really hot. What happened?"

"Well..." Y/N hesitated, "I woke up and felt fine. Then I saw that Hanma wasn't with me. He wrote me a note and made me breakfast so I read the short letter and looked at the food. Then, I just suddenly started feeling warm. And, my stomach is doing this weird thing where it feels like there are butterflies in my stomach. And, my heart feels like it's about to burst out of my chest." Nira paused before letting out a loud giggle.

"Y/N, sweetie, you aren't sick." She uttered, "You're just in love!" Y/N gaped at her step-sister, mouth agape.

"I'm in... love?" She muttered, "In love... with who?"

"Hanma Shuji!" She hollered, "Who else?!" Hiro poked his head into Y/N's room, grinning in amusement.

"Who's in love with who?" He asked.

"Y/N-chii is in love with that Hanma guy!" Nira shouted, beaming. Hiro chuckled.

"That's not a surprise. The two are rather close and the way they look at each other gives everything away."

Y/N's cheeks flushed bright red as she struggled to defend herself.

Her? In love with her childhood friend? I mean, maybe she did have a little crush on him. They've made out, they've watched movies together, and they've even slept in the same bed.

Y/N huffed, frowning.

"I wouldn't say it's love." She muttered, "... Not yet at least."

"Y/N and Hanma, sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Nira clapped her hands as she happily teased Y/N.

"What are you? Ten?" Jay appeared out of nowhere. He was leaning against the doorframe, arms crossed over his broad chest.

"Out of five? Yeah." Nira smugly smiled while Jay rolled his eyes, scoffing.

"Whatever." The blonde-haired male looked at Y/N, "Anyway, I'm going out. Y/N, I assume Hanma told you about your little date? He asked me to drop you off."

"Ah... okay... Let me just get ready." Furiously blushing, Y/N hurried into her bathroom. She locked the door behind her, tuning out Nira's loud laughter. "Arg, curse this. Why am I so stupid?" She grumbled, scowling.

She took a moment or two to compose herself before slipping off her pajamas, replacing the oversized shirt with a lacy black bralette, black cargo pants, and one of Hanma's hoodies that she totally didn't steal.

"Okay," She drawled as she exited the bathroom, "I'm ready." Nira squealed, fangirling.

"No wonder Hanma fell for you!" She cheered, "It's because you're so fucking hot, Y/N-chii!"

"Oi, you're gonna ruin our ears if you keep screaming like that." Grumbled Jay as he grabbed Y/N's arm, dragging her down the stairs.

"Don't forget to use protection!" Nira shouted, cupping her hands over her mouth to project her voice. Y/N groaned, embarrassed.

"Ignore her," Muttered Jay, "She's only tryna fluster ya." Y/N simply hummed as she climbed into the blonde's luxury car. She didn't question where they were going and just assumed Jay would be dropping her off at the nearest mall for Hanma to pick up.

"I believe Hanma said Harajuku." The male muttered, "So I'll be dropping you off here. Have fun, Y/N. Call if you need anything. Oh, and take this." Jay handed her a pocket knife. Y/N grabbed it, shrugging. It was a pretty little thing with hearts engraved into it and a pastel pink blade.

Slowly, she climbed out of the car. She waved goodbye to Jay before walking towards one of her favorite shops to pass the time.

Slipping a hand into her pocket, Y/N felt around for her wallet and was relieved to feel the soft leather pouch. Now all she had to do was wait for Hanma.

"Excuse me, Miss." A masculine voice suddenly piped up. Y/N flinched when a hand touched her shoulder.

"Ah... yes?" She took a step back, feeling rather uncomfortable under the stranger's intense gaze. They flashed her a smile.

"I think you're really pretty. May I have your number?" They questioned. By the looks of it, they were older than Y/N by a few years, perhaps even in their twenties.

"No." Y/N bluntly uttered, "I don't like giving my number out to people I don't know." That was a lie. She gave her contact details to Yazuha with no problems. She just didn't want to give her number to the man standing in front of her.

"Ah, I see. How about we get to know each other then? We can go back to my place." He was starting to give Y/N an unsettling feeling. She shook her head, declining his offer.

"No. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to be." Just as Y/N began to walk off, a hand was clasped around her arm.

"I insist. We can have a great time." The older male grinned and, although it seemed like an innocent gesture, Y/N could see the malice hiding beneath it.

"Sir, no means no." Y/N warned, "Now, let go of me before I kick your kneecaps inwards."

The man seemed unphased by her threat which annoyed Y/N greatly. She didn't like being looked down upon.

"Sir, I'll tell you this one more time." He was starting to get on Y/N's nerves and she was so close to just stabbing him in the eye, "No means no."

The man opened his mouth to pester her once again but before he could even say one word, he was interrupted.

"Excuse me, mister, I couldn't help but notice that you've been annoying my girlfriend over here. She doesn't take kindly to people who do that and, in fact, you're in danger of being buried six feet under." Arms were suddenly wrapped around Y/N and the back of her head hit somebody's chest, "Now if I were you, I'd run. You don't want to get hurt, do you?"

The man who had been harassing Y/N previously gulped, shaking his head while he sweated bullets.

"Uh... No... Sorry, I didn't notice she was taken. I'll... get going." He hurried off, tripping over his own feet once or twice.

It was silent for a moment before the person who assisted Y/N spoke up.

"You okay?" Their voice was soft and serene, almost music to Y/N's ears.

"Yeah. Now, let go of me." Clearly, she wasn't the nicest person, not even bothered to thank her helper.

"I see your rude personality hasn't changed, Y/N."

Almost immediately, she spun around. Eyes narrowed, she observed him. He looked fairly familiar with his tanned skin, violet eyes, pierced ears, and bleached hair.

"It's been a while." He gently smiled and Y/N found herself sweating slightly due to the fact that she had absolutely no idea who this person was. Chuckling nervously, she lightly scratched her cheek.

"Yeah... Haha... Who are you again?"