32. It's All About The Impact

Start from the beginning

There was something infinitely attractive about quiet Spencer Reid when he was angry.

Suddenly he grabbed my face and shoved me back against the wall, his fingers digging into my cheeks as his mouth forced itself down on mine.

At that moment, the smell of urine overpowered my senses and I couldn't concentrate on Spencer anymore, the memories were growing too much.

"Spencer." I mumbled against his lips, his tongue hitting mine as I tried to make him stop. "Spencer please..." I mumbled emotionally as his hands dropped to my waist, his body pressing against mine, pushing me back into the wall harder.

The Doctor

I moaned as she tried to push against my heated touch. 

I didn't want to think about my mom or Kate or the case. 

I just wanted to think about Melanie, to feel her, to love her, to take us back to the paradise we hadn't been to in so long.

"Spencer I can't!" She blurted, shoving me away. I staggered back under her touch and watched in complete shock as she fled from the restroom.

It was in that moment that I realised where we were, and what had happened the last time Melanie had visited a public bathroom.

"Shit!" I hurried from the restroom, my knuckles hurting on both hands from where I'd repeatedly punched the mirrors and walls.

"Melanie!" I blurted, finding her pressed against the wall opposite me, her chest rising and falling rapidly as her glazed eyes stared at the floor absentmindedly. 

"Melly, I'm so sorry, I wasn't thinking." I apologised, rushing to her but keeping my distance, apprehensive to touch her in case I triggered her further.

"It's okay, Spence," She said in a delicate voice, her eyes still glazed and distance. "It isn't your fault," She shivered and snapped out of her reverie, raising her eyes to mine. 

"Are you going to tell me about Kate Callaghan?" She asked, meeting my eyes coolly. "Is she another ex I need to know about?"

"She isn't an ex," I insisted stubbornly, leaning against the wall and staring off down the corridor. "She worked with the team when Emily first left. It was really brief, and she left after a few months. She was acting inappropriately, flirtatiously, harassing me... It wasn't right having her on the team, so I convinced her to leave."

"Did anyone know?" Melanie asked in a quiet voice.

"The whole team knew. They teased me about it in the beginning, laughing at her flirtatious jokes and sexual comments. And then she started touching me, grabbing my clothes, pulling my hair. It became really inappropriate and verged on sexual harassment. So, Garcia forced a transfer and I got rid of her."

"Did you make a complaint?" Melanie's eyes were wide with concern, her skin a pale grey as she came to terms with my story.

"No," I shook my head and licked my lips, looking down at my feet shamefully. "I just wanted her away. I didn't think she was capable of anything like this."

"Spence..." Melanie reached out a hand and rubbed at my arm lovingly. "We'll get her for this. Don't worry." We smiled at each other for a moment before she pulled me into her arms.

*

The jet was empty when we arrived and we made ourselves comfortable at the table, sat side-by-side as usual with our tablets in front of us.

"Usually we'd be working on the profile but I guess there's no need to do that when we know who has them and where." I said in a small voice and Melanie frowned, turning to me with her eyebrows pulled together.