Chapter 13

After a couple of hours I woke up from falling asleep in Chris's arms and instantly remembered what he said when we fell asleep. I was trying not to have an internal panic attack and knew I needed to talk to Chris about this. As I was just laying in his arms enjoying this time together I felt him stir and let me go, I pretended to still be asleep so once he let me go I did what I usually did when he did this and rolled over. I heard him rummage around in his clothes, there was silence and then in our quiet room I heard a phone start ringing meaning he was calling someone. He sat on the edge of the bed on his side of the bed.

"Hey mom...no everything is fine...I think. I may have screwed up with Harper and I don't know what to do." I heard Chris say and I could tell this proposal was eating him up now too. "I proposed mom, I proposed while we were falling asleep. She didn't answer me so I don't know if she heard me or not." Chris said. I heard muffled talking from his mom and he took a deep breath. "Yeah, maybe she didn't hear me but what do I do if she did?" Chris asked.

"Do you want the proposal to be real?" I heard Lisa ask.

"I do, but I didn't want to propose the way I did mom. It wasn't romantic and we were laying in bed." Chris said and I knew his mom would connect the dots knowing we didn't have SJ. "There are just a lot more things for her and I to discuss about getting married. I mean we know she is moving in and everything but like her job, SJ's school and just a family dynamic." Chris said and my heart ached slightly when he said family dynamic since I thought we had discussed it all the night before in the truck.

"Just talk to her Chris. Ask if she remembers and then discuss everything." Lisa said and I gave a small smile knowing that was a perfect idea.

"Thanks for talking me down mom." Chris said and gave a small laugh. I heard her say something else and Chris hung up. He set his phone on his bedside table and then got back into bed with me. He wrapped me in his arms and started kissing the back of my neck and started moving to the side, I moaned and smiled.

"Hi to you too." I said and turned my head and was met with a passionate kiss. I rolled over as he leaned over me.

"We planning on getting out of bed today?" Chris asked and I smiled.

"Well what are the plans for us if we stay in bed all day?" I asked and Chris laughed as he leaned down and kissed me again. I gently cupped his face as we kissed.

"I love you so much." Chris said when we broke apart and he rested his forehead against mine. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. I knew it was eating him up but he didn't know how to bring it up.

"Chris, do you want to talk about it?" I asked and he sighed.

"You heard me?" Chris asked and we both sat up and I stayed covered up. Chris smiled and then reached over the side of the bed and handed me his t-shirt that he had been wearing on our date, I smiled at him. I put it on and was much more comfortable.

"I did. Chris..." I started to say and he shook his head.

"Harper, I love you and you know that. I do want to marry you but I didn't want to propose like that. I want to take time to plan it out and make it perfect..." Chris said and started to ramble, I placed my hand over his mouth to stop him.

"Chris, it's fine. I understand and I'm not upset. I wanted to talk to you about it before we got engaged any way because we have life aspects to discuss." I said and Chris nodded.

"So can we just act like I didn't pop the question in bed after sex?" Chris asked and we both laughed.

"I mean it would be an epic story to tell people..." I trailed off and laughed, Chris tackled me on the bed and was laying on top of me as we laughed.