Chapter 11

I stood in slight shock staring at Austin standing outside my apartment door.

"Austin?" Chris asked pulling me from my trance.

"What are you doing here?" I asked ignoring Chris.

"I needed to talk to you and see you." Austin said. I looked at Chris still carrying SJ and handed SJ the leash for Dodger and handed Chris my keys to my apartment.

"Go inside. We are going to go talk." I said and Chris whipped his head to look at me.

"I don't think so..." Chris said and I sighed.

"If she wants to talk to me she can talk to me, you don't own her." Austin said and I winced at how his voice raised instantly.

"Well after how you treated her and leaving her at the alter I don't think you deserve another minute of her time." Chris said raising his voice to match. I looked at SJ and she was looking scared.

"Chris, please. Take SJ and go inside. She doesn't need to see this." I said and Chris groaned. He leaned down and gave me a small kiss and then I kissed SJ's cheek and smiled at her. Chris went to my door and opened it, looked at Austin one more time, walked in the apartment and shut the door.

"Austin, what do you want?" I questioned and he groaned running his hands through his hair.

"Can we go somewhere and talk?" Austin asked and I sighed.

"The furthest I will go is the front steps." I said and Austin nodded as we took the elevator downstairs and then headed outside and sat down on the steps.

"Stop stalling." I said and Austin and he huffed a laugh.

"I see dating a celebrity hasn't changed your manners at all." Austin said and I huffed a laugh.

"So that's what this is about, me and Chris." I said went to stand up. Austin grabbed my hand gently to stop me from walking away.

"Please, lets talk." Austin said and I groaned sitting back down.

"It's not just about you and Chris. I also heard you, your mom and brother were in court over custody of SJ a couple weeks ago." Austin said and I nodded.

"I was, you heard correct and as you can see I won custody." I said.

"Why do you fight so hard to keep her Harper? You know she needs a parent." Austin said and I groaned.

"I am her parent Austin!" I said annoyed.

"No! You are her Aunt!" Austin said correcting me.

"Either way Austin, I'm the best thing for her! She needs stability and I have that for her." I said annoyed.

"And dating a celebrity is stable?!" Austin asked annoyed.

"It is actually! We are actually here to pack somethings up. We are moving into his place." I said and Austin looked like I had punched him in the gut.

"You just started dating him!" Austin shouted.

"And we feel like it's right! We love each other Austin." I said and he huffed a laugh.

"And how does he feel about SJ?" Austin asked.

"Did you not just see him carrying her up to the apartment?! He loves her more than you ever did! You never carried her, held her or even helped take care of her. He did more for her within hours of knowing her than you ever did in 2 years." I said.

"So you think you got this all planned out don't you?" Austin asked.

"All of what planned out?" I asked annoyed.