Chapter 2

It was Monday and I was getting SJ ready for preschool and I was getting ready for work.

"Aunt Harper, your phone keeps vibrating." SJ said since she was watching videos on my phone while I got ready for work.

"Is someone calling or texting?" I asked from the bathroom as she sat on my bed.

"Texting." SJ said and I groaned.

"Okay I will get it later, we are running so late." I said coming out of the bathroom done getting ready. SJ jumped off the bed and we headed towards the front door grabbing all of our stuff. As we did my cellphone went off again. I took it from SJ's hands.

"Hey! I was watching that!" She protested as we waited for the elevator.

"Who's phone is it anyway?" I asked and she laughed. I looked at the text and instantly smiled.

CHRIS: Good morning. I hope you have a great Monday. Just wanted to say I can't stop thinking about our conversations this weekend and I am trying to figure out a good time to get together.

CHRIS: I just realized it super early and I don't even know what time you work and if you work night shift somewhere you will hate me for texting you this early.

CHRIS: I'm such an idiot, please don't punish me and not talk to me for this.

 I smiled at all these messages from Chris knowing he was really wanting to get in contact with me. The elevator arrived and we stepped on.

"Am I going to pre-school today and Miss Molly's house after?" SJ asked as I stared at the text messages.

"Pre-school then the after-school program at the pre-school. Miss Molly is out of town remember?" I said and she nodded.

"Oh yeah, I miss her though." SJ said and I smiled down at her.

"I know you do, but soon she will be back and you will be going there after pre-school every day. But you need to focus on pre-school more and start making friends." I said and rolled her eyes.

"Don't give me attitude young lady." I said and she crossed her arms. The elevator arrived on the main floor and we walked off and walked outside.

"It's hard Aunt Harper. Some of the girls are so mean." SJ said as we headed towards pre-school that was only a few blocks away.

"So, try with other kids SJ, you will be in school in a couple years and you will want to have friends when you get there." I said.

"But you will be there and you will be my friend." SJ said and I smiled.

"I will but you will want friends you own age." I said and she just shrugged. Before we knew it, we arrived at the pre-school. We walked in and I smiled seeing Mia, the teacher.

"Hey Harper, Hey Sidney." Mia said when she saw us.

"Hey, sorry if we are late." I said and she shook her head.

"No, you made it with plenty of time." Mia said. I looked at the clock on the wall and realized I would be late if I didn't go now.

"Okay SJ, I got to go get to work. I have my own class to teach. Be good today and I will see you this afternoon." I said and gave her a hug.

"I love you." SJ said.

"I love you too." I said and headed out of the pre-school center to the road knowing I needed to rush to get to the school I taught at. It wasn't super far away from the pre-school but far enough. Once I arrived, I headed straight towards my classroom and smiled when I realized the bell wouldn't ring for another 15 minutes. I headed to the staff lunchroom to get a cup of coffee. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket again.