Chapter 19

19: The Last Necromancer.

Mary sat uncomfortably in front of another Mary.  

Mary gave the coordinates to Eruhaben so they quickly arrive at their next destination, which is Mary's alternative self who is most likely in the Underground City or the City of Life.

Without the help of Cale, Mary will not have as much freedom as she has now because the Mayor will not allow it. Therefore it was expected that she was there.

Meantime, the two Dragons are currently in the Mayor's with Mayor Obante with the stiff Dark Elf Shawn serving them as they were asking him a few questions so Mary was left with og!Mary, who is coincidently there at the moment.  

The Mayor gladly agreed and left after glancing at Mary covered in a hood.

The Mayor felt strangely familiar with Mary that he was worried and curious at the same time. However, he had no choice but to go because two mighty Dragons are demanding some information out of him.

When the door shut with a click, the two individuals left outside watching each other in silence.

"... You are traveling with two Dragon-nims that oddly look the same."

Og!Mary started, not so sure who this person is yet this person wanted to talk to her. 

"Who are you? I seem to feel peculiar about you."

Og!Mary ask in her usual monotone voice.

It was only the name she was supposed to ask but can't help herself from growing curious about the person in the hood.

"It is a bit hard to explain Eruhaben-nim's situation."

'Mine as well.'

As they have the same situation.

"To answer your second question. My name is Mary." 

Mary hesitatingly answered in her usual robotic voice. 

She doesn't know how to reveal herself, how to talk to this alternative, or even tell her that they are just the same person but in different worldlines. First of all, she is not a very talkative person.

Meanwhile, og!Mary flinches at the mention of her name before introducing herself.

"I... am also called Mary."

It might look like it, but og!Mary was surprised. For three reasons.

First, they behave the same way. Quiet and all. Second, they dress similarly, have the same monotonous voice, and even sound the same too. Third and most importantly, this person smells death.

'She uses dead mana too.'

Og!Mary can tell because she is the same as her. 

'And she is strong too. She is stronger than I am.'

She can feel dead mana and Mary seems to have absorbed an insane amount of dead mana than she had absorbed all throughout the years.

Dead mana is very, very rare these days. She wondered where Mary had gotten such a ridiculous volume of dead mana. 

This is worrying her a bit if it turns out that Mary was an enemy.

"Are you also a necromancer? I was told that I was the only one left."

So she is not the only necromancer left? However, og!Mary dismisses the idea. She had a feeling it was not the case and she is very eager to find out the hooded person's identity.

"I am Mary, the last necromancer. I am you." 

Og!Mary was silent. She did not expect that Mary would reveal her identity so easily.