Chapter 12

12: Scammer Smiles (2)

"Ahem."

The crown prince coughs as he sits down on a single couch before looking at og!Cale, who was also surprised at Cale's action.

'Just how close are they?'

He was thinking how close Cale and Alberu, the future Emperor, that the redhead was already acting like he was used to this setting. Like he has been to that very office countless times.

'They even call each other hyung and dongsaeng.'

He thought they are closed as friends. But it's more than that.

Ahem. It was because they are sworn brothers! They are closer than just friends. Of course, og!Cale does not know that.

"These two individuals, are they the people you spoke of?"

"Well, of course?"

Og!Alberu asked and og!Cale answered indifferently.

"How disrespectful."

Og!Alberu was smiling but his eyes were cold. However, neither Cale nor Alberu replied and just keeps their silent.

The crown prince did not like their action.

Even if their kingdom was neither strong nor weak and is considered average by most, it is still a fact that he has the blood of royalty, a king, in his veins.

With the way these two hooded individuals act around him, he felt like they are looking down on him and their Roan kingdom. He did not like it.

"They seem to think they are above me, a royalty and a crown prince."

Before the crown prince gets truly mad, og!Cale has to butt in and nonchalantly say.

"Don't be too surprised, prince. They did it to me too, a son of a wealthy Count."

More like, they kidnapped him, tied him to a chair, and told him ridiculous things beyond his imagination. He was also very surprised and mad but what can he do when he can't help but believe Alberu and Cale?

"Anyways. This is Bob and this is... also Bob."

Og!Cale does not know what to call Cale, which is why he just said what crosses his mind.

"Bob and Bob huh... Nice try picking an alias."

The crown prince has this strange look at the hooded Cale and Alberu.

Just then, Alberu still covered in a hooded robe spoke.

"Your highness, Alberu Crossman. We want to ally with you. We want to defeat the secret organization."

It was safe for Alberu to speak now because Raon put up his soundproof spell to block off their conversation from others.

"... Do you happen to have a grudge against the secret organization?" 

Og!Alberu might not sound suspicious at all to others, but for Cale and Alberu who knew everything about him, it is quite easy to tell he was very suspicious and wary of them.

"I hate them very much. I loathed them for hurting my people."

Alberu might be talking calmly right now but his voice was very cold.

The Arm, the White Star, and the Sealed God might have already perished or sealed again, however, the dirty things they have done remain. It was like a scar for the Roan Kingdom and it will never disappear.

Og!Alberu, who was carefully listening, took note of the similarity of their voices and the way they talk. Though he still can't see Alberu's face.

"Your people?"