Chapter 7 : Bundle Of Joy

Start from the beginning

"Manik!!" She whispered and tried walking to the living room.

"Kya mangta hai aapko? Bhau ko call karne ka hai?"

"Haan, vo sofa..."

She held onto the wall, trying to stifle the pain. And in a few seconds, a phone call was made to Manik.

"You idiot! I told you!" Manik said.

"It fucking hurts Manik!!! Yeh baad me discuss kare?!"

"Okay wait. I will let the driver and Sandeep know. He is downstairs. Mukti will also reach you, just hold on, please sit down somewhere na honey?"

"Yeah...Manik I need you."

"Yeah, I am on my way home."

"Okay...!" Nandini whispered and cut the call. She tried to steady her breathing to calm herself down. Just then, the bell rang.

"Madam, aapko car tak leke jaana hai." Sandeep, her personal bodyguard, said. She nodded and told the driver who was also there to collect the bag which was kept ready for the delivery.

After a few moments, she received a call from Mukti.

"Aye, I will be there in five, okay? Just keep breathing calmly." Mukti assured her.

It was their plan. The driver and bodyguard were always available for Nandini. Mukti was to be present so that Nandini had some female company. Manik would join them on the way.

"Manik! Manik kahan hai?" Nandini demanded.

"Sir hume beech raste join karenge!"

Nandini nodded and rested her head against the seat, as soon as she sat inside the car. In no time, Mukti joined Nandini and sat beside her, rubbing Nandini's head. Mukti and Zubin lived near Manik's locality so she volunteered to help with emergencies.

Once they hit the road, Nandini kept having small contractions, slightly uncomfortable ones.

"Sir is here." Sandeep said, looking at Manik's car parked on one side of the highway. As if on cue, Manik got out of his car and joined them.

"Are you okay? Is it hurting too much?" Manik asked. Nandini shook her head and rested it on his shoulder.

"She's fine...it's normal, calm down Manik." Mukti said, as she saw Manik fidgeting nervously.

"Hmm..." Manik hummed and held Nandini's hands. Soon, they reached the hospital and Nandini was made to sit on a wheelchair, as her pain went on increasing.

"Let's get you checked first." Shilpa Menon, Nandini's OB/GYN said.

Mukti waited outside while Manik went inside with Nandini.

"She's not close yet...we'll have to wait for sometime."

Manik nodded and Mukti came in with the bag.

"Guys, how are you feeling?" Mukti asked, switching on her vlogging camera. Nandini had requested Mukti to vlog the entire labour thing except for the delivery part.

"Scared? Nervous? Excited?" Nandini said, holding Manik's hand tightly.

Manik nodded, not speaking anything.

"Junior Malhotra on the way!! Hey baby, this is Mukti...Bua? I will be Bua right?" Mukti asked.

"Of course, you are on my side na?" Manik said, finally. Mukti was trying to lighten the situation, as she saw Manik's pale face.

"Haan of course!!! So anyway, Mukti Bua here! I am so excited to see Manik and Nandini's cute little version. There are so many people who already love you, even before you enter this world!" Mukti said and turned the camera towards Nandini.