She was intrigued. "How interesting, I always wondered how to do that, and for that piece of information, you can ask me three questions." She offered and I knew not to waste the opportunity, I had to utilise the chance carefully, but my first question was obvious. "Did any rogue wolf attack Roselia Defray?" I questioned leaving no room for loophole, she sipped her wine carefully before looking at me. "No rogue wolf attacked your grandmother Carter, she's the one who treated us because the pack infirmary is off limits to us, we had no reason to attack her." She explained and my suspicions were confirmed, they were lying.

My second question was complicated but I had to try. "How am I connected to the wolf disappearances in Kholis Bay?" I asked and the question seemed to knock some shock into Katherine, she snickered as she regained her composure. "You're a blue blood, whatever that means, I'm still trying to figure it out myself but as far as I know there is something special about you as a wolf, and even I can tell that, your grandmother knew aswell and I've come to the conclusion that its why she was killed, I have nothing else to tell you on that." She replied but Katherine had given me more information than she knew, ofcourse she hadn't been lying, I would know but I  remembered something my grandmother always spoke about when we visited the town library.

How the werewolves have forgotten our ways and the past, how they have forgotten that the cobalt veins pulse with knowledge from our predecessors.

I knew the clues were in the town library, I just had to get there and find out before anyone knew, maybe it could lead me to why she was killed. "Follow me." Katherine suddenly exclaimed as she stood up and led me to a study on the second floor, once inside she locked the door on the inside, what I'm about to show you should never escape your lips to another." She instructed leaving stuck on why exactly she was being cryptic until a wall opened by the bookshell, behind it were plants, all herbs, tubes and cannisters of all sorts. "I knew there was something special about you when you told me about the tonic, then I remembered, your grandmother was a master healer, she passed her gifts to you obviously." Katherine explained making me curse lowly, I shouldn't have underestimated her, ofcourse I had studied medicinal herbs from my gran to the extent that I could cure a half dead wolf.

"I will give you all the information you want, if you teach my son, all that you know." Katherine offered as a boy taller than her but still with more of her features showed up in the lab we stood in. "Hello." He greeted and I nodded in return, his emotions were everywhere, from lust to envy. I couldn't accept the offer, Defray secrets were to remain Defray secrets, passed down from mother to child, if Katherine was offering this, there was a catch and I couldn't risk anyone knowing I was involved with the rogue factions. "I'm sorry but no, I will just take my third answer and leave." I exclaimed and it intrigued Katherine again, but she nodded in acceptance. "Who had and still has access to the old mine shafts and my grandmother's workspace by town hall and the infirmary lab?" I asked and Katherine seemed astounded by what I asked, but that's what I wanted to know, it would give me a perspective of who be able to know what my gran knew and kill her for it.

"I thought you would ask about Enzo's ex girlfriend, why you were framed, anything to exonerate you and get rid of exile." She remarked with an amused tone but I already knew everything, and why I was backstabbed, the alpha couldn't keep it in his pants. "I already know everything, and honestly I'd rather stay in exile it's freeing." I replied just as a smirk lined Katherine's lips. "The only persons who had access are the alpha, his mate, his son, the beta and his mate, along with the head warrior and their attorney along with your gran ofcourse." She replied with a glimmer of mischief that I couldn't mistaken, I now had my targets, of all six, all of them were potentially my gran's killer, I just had to find out who.

"Thank you Katherine, I appreciate your honesty." I asserted as Borel came from the other room and escorted me out. "You're playing with fire Carter, be careful, but if I were the ones that wronged you, I would fear for my life, they don't know what's coming, and I see it in your eyes, you may look fragile but you seem to bathe in hell fire." Katherine whispered just as I walked out of the study, she may be right or she may be wrong, but I knew what I was aiming for and that was getting justice.

I walked out of the mansion gates quickly regretting my decision not to rent a car. Atleast the uber would get here in two minutes, as I waited for it three wolves showed up, they were all larger than me and they definitely did not have graceful intentions. "The alpha wants to speak with you, we've been sent to escort you." They relayed just as I scoffed. "Oh hell no."

+++

lmj