fifteen

Worst Behavior

"Why can't I go in the changing room with you?" Harry groans through the curtain as I slip on another unremarkable dress.

"Because I need a dress for Homecoming, not a screaming orgasm." I quip back knowing if he got his hands on me I'd give into him in a second.

This past week has been hell.

Today has been the only day my mom's let me out of the house and that's because I should've had a homecoming dress weeks ago but ya know, a lot of shit has been happening in my life.

I would've asked Monte to go with me but since we found out she's pregnant, she hasn't really been in the mood to do anything. I don't blame her, I just don't know what I could do to help. I also could've asked Brae but he would've just complained the whole time or tried to talk to me about football to not focus on the fact we're not happy together.

When I got home that night after I got suspended I walked in to find Braeden sitting in the kitchen with my mom. I totally forgot that he texted and wanted to see me. I guess I'm partly to blame for why our relationship isn't working because the one time he needs someone to talk to, I'm out with Harry going to a drug deal.

My mother was pissed.

She asked where I ran off to and I 'reminded' her that I had a doctors appointment because that's what I told Brae and I didn't want him to catch on to my lying. As horrible as our relationship is, it would devastate me not to have him in my life. Is that selfish? Yeah. But as we've concluded, I'm a very selfish person.

Brae and I went upstairs but I knew my mom wanted a real explanation and it was killing me having to tell her I got suspended for smoking on school grounds.

Once in my bedroom, he sat on the edge of my bed and pulled me into him. I sat on his lap with my legs dangling over his thighs and my arms around his neck.

"I'm so angry." He said in a whisper, no doubtably talking about the fight he has with Louis.

"I'm sorry ba-"

"Who the fuck does he think he is?" He grip got stronger, hurting me. "I thought he was cool, that we were friends, then he started shouting in the hallways that I was gay for him."

Yeah. I was shocked too.

My breath caught in my throat not knowing what to say. The look on his face was hard. I've never seen him so upset but I know how he, more like his parents, feel about gay people.

His family is very religious and our school hasn't helped that view by adding more hate to it. I'm personally very into God, even if I'm a sinner and all, but I don't think anyone has a right to judge anyone else or to tell people what they should do or who to love. Brae's family... they think differently.

"I fucking told him to fuck off and stop obsessing over me. I think he wants me to be gay because he has some weird fucking gay crush on me."

I had never heard my boyfriend cuss so much, I could tell that this really bothered him.

"Next thing I know, the fucking dude punched me!" His jaw was sharp and his nails dug into me to the point where I thought I might bleed.

I remember putting my hands on his cheeks, turning his head so he was looking at me and not the wall. I wanted to calm him down but starring at my face only seemed to make him more angry.

"It-"

"I'm gonna kick his ass!" Throwing me off of him he urgently stood and started to make his way to my door.