seventeen

bellyache

Harry

I can still taste Peach on my lips.

I'm sure I look ridiculous with her strawberry lipgloss all over my face, making my lips look shiny. Hopefully people know not to say shit because I really don't feel like kicking someone's ass on homecoming night.

I would wipe it off but this shits fucking sticky and honestly it doesn't feel all that bad on my lips. I'm not a bitch or anything but I understand why she wears it all the time to the point of an obsession.

Another part of me doesn't want to wipe it off because I love the feeling of her lingering on me. I'm gonna need that tonight because she's decided to skip the homecoming football game in order to get ready for the dance.

Her parents spent lord knows how much money on a professional makeup artist and hair stylist. The only reason I know this is because it's been Hopes dream since freshman year to win queen of at least one school dance. Our school doesn't allow underclassmen to participate so this is her first year being able to win and she hasn't stopped campaigning since last spring.

I think it's beyond stupid. You get voted by your 'peers' to validate your popularity and to wear a cheap plastic crown for the rest of the night.

I've never been to a school dance so I'm not entirely sure how it's going to go.

I'm gonna ruin my perfect record though because my dumbass bought a ticket so I could go and vote for Peach to be queen.

I think it's an idiotic concept but she's deserves to feel appreciate and loved, so if this is how I can make her feel those things, I'm going to do it.

I've already threatened half the school into voting for her and everyone's so scared of me they said they would.

I'm officially a simp.

And before you ask, no, I'm not dressing up in a suit. I don't agree with the whole principle of this stupid ass dance so why the fuck would I take part in its stupid rules?

I'm also not planning on staying around long. I'll watch her get the crown placed on her head, maybe take a couple pictures, but I'm not gonna stick around to see Braedens entitled ass standing next to her.

I've never even spoken a word to the guy but just the thought of him makes my blood boil. He's such a pussy, I honestly don't get what Peach sees in him.

Part of me wants to believe she's just with him for the popularity, so she can walk around school with her head high and respected.

What she doesn't know is that he's dragging her down. Hope's the most amazing person I know and she's trying to stay in her crowd which is just not letting her reach her potential.

The other part of me, the negative one, is telling me that maybe she's with him because she loves him. That if he was giving her attention she'd run back to him.

I know that's true.

A little bit of each thing I said is true. She wants to be popular and have validation, but she also cares about him. I don't think she loves him but she definitely cares.

I just wish for once she'd pick me. That this wouldn't just feel like some sick joke.

"Hello Tina." I flirt.

I know I'm a dick, but I'm not gonna spend money on a fucking high school football game and freshmen are so naive that they don't know that guys flirting isn't actually to flatter them.