~four~

Odette leafed through her notes, trying to find the right ones. When she didn't, she let out an angry scream and threw the papers away from her. They fluttered onto the green carpet in the Slytherin common room, and people gave her weird looks.

"Move along, nothing to see here," Flaire said, glaring at the passerby. She turned to the raven-haired girl. "Something wrong, Odette?"

"I have a Charms test and I can't find my notes," Odette grumbled. "And if I don't ace it, my parents will burn me at the stake."

Flaire raised her eyebrows and plucked one of the fallen papers from the ground. "You mean these notes?"

Odette let out another angry scream and slammed her head on the table.

"Jeez, what's going on?" Flaire asked. "You're going mad."

Odette glared up at her. "I'm fine. I'm just not in a very good mood."

"Why? Is it that time of the month?"

"I'm fine," Odette snapped.

"You don't seem it."

"I'm going for a walk," she announced. "I need to clear my head."

Odette stood up abruptly and knocked over her chair. She marched out of the common room and into the hallway.

She let out a sharp breath of air and walked into one of the many courtyards. She sat on a bench and scratched at the dirt with her sharp black shoe.

"Something wrong?" a familiar voice asked.

Odette looked up at Remus Lupin. "Why do you care?"

"Because I'm dating your cousin," he said. "Well, secretly anyways."

Odette looked back at the ground. "I'm fine. Just a little stressed."

"Yeah, Sirius has told me about your family. Those are some high expectations."

Odette scoffed. "That's putting it lightly."

Remus scratched the back of his head. "Can I sit down?"

Odette scooted over, giving him permission. Remus sat down.

"I heard that you've been hanging out with Lily Evans," he said.

Odette exhaled through her nose loudly. "We've talked twice. I wouldn't call that hanging out."

Remus nodded. "I guess not."

"What about you? What are your intentions with my cousin?" Odette asked.

Remus laughed. "That's the first question you ask me? Not 'why would a pure-blood date a half-blood'?"

She rolled her eyes. "I'm not like that. Not sure if you knew, but I don't give a damn about blood status."

Remus looked shocked to say the least. "You don't? But your sisters-"

"I love my sisters, but they aren't big on looking past what our parents think. I mean, you remember what Bellatrix did to Sirius in our first year."

Remus cringed at the thought. After Sirius had first been sorted into Gryffindor, Bellatrix hexed him so that his face was bursting with puss filled boils.

"In brief, I love them but I don't share the same views," Odette finished.

Remus played with his hands in his lap while Odette looked back down at the ground. The drawing had escalated from a few scratches to the symbol of the death eaters. Remus looked at her, and she quickly erased it with her foot.