~two~

Odette was looking down at her book while she walked to Divination. Which is probably why she bumped into someone.

"Watch it, Black," Severus Snape sneered. His greasy black hair fell in front of his eyes as he looked down at Odette hatefully.

"You bumped into me," Odette said.

"I disagree," Snape said.

Odette rolled her eyes and bent down to pick up her books. Snape kicked her Arithmancy book away. Odette looked up at him and scoffed.

"No wonder your only friend is that girl. She must be a saint, because I wouldn't be able to stand you."

Snape turned red in the face. "How dare you."

"How dare me? You kicked my book and bumped into me. You're lucky I'm not like my sisters, or you'd be cursed into an oblivion."

Snape smirked at her. "You're too weak."

Odette clenched her fist, questioning whether to hit him or not.

"See? You can't do it," he laughed.

Odette swung her fist and hit him in the nose. Severus stumbled back a few steps and clutched his now bleeding nose.

"I think I can," she snapped. "Now get out of my way." She tried to push past him, but he blacked her path. Odette was a tad surprised that his frail frame could stop her.

"Sev!" a twinkling voice said. "What happened?" A delicate hand was placed on his elbow, and Snape visibly calmed.

"This girl punched me," he told Lily.

Odette's eyes darted to the ginger who looked very concerned, but at the same time she looked like she was biting back a smile.

"He insulted me," Odette said. "He had it coming."

Severus scoffed. "I don't think that's true."

"Well it is. So get out of my way and let me get to class."

Snape blocked her again, and Odette clenched her jaw.

"Aren't you going to insult our blood purity?" he said. Odette saw a hint of a smirk on his unwashed face.

"Why? Do you want me to?" Odette asked.

Lily looked between the curly headed girl and her friend, wondering who's side she was on.

"You're a Black. It's your nature," Snape said.

"I think I know my family, thank you very much. And I wasn't going to," Odette replied.

"Are you scared I'll hurt you?"

Odette gave him a really? look. "I think that we've established that I'm not afraid of you. So if you'll kindly get out of my way, I need to get to Divination."

"Sure, the half blood has to get out of the pure blood's way. Sounds about right for a Black. "

"Don't you dare insult my family," Odette said, looking him straight in his beady eyes. "Because I am not afraid to make you pay."

Snape raised his eyebrows, inviting her to do her worse.

Odette raised her dark brown wand, clutching it by the vine engravings near the bottom. "Medusinious," she said.

The spell hit him, and Snape's pale skin became stone, a look of horror frozen on his face.

Lily gasped and rushed over to the now statute. "What did you do?" she demanded.

"I turned him to stone. Don't worry, it's only temporary. He should be back to normal in about three hours," Odette said calmly.

Lily's eyes went wide. "Three hours?"