Chapter 3 - Surprise

"What? Okay...okay. I got it." An officer in security office said over his phone call before hanging up.

"Mr. Niyaam! can you see if these are the photos of same item as you're searching". He showed the images in his phone to Niyaam who passed that phone to Rjaa'. She checked carefully and nodded her head in agreement.

"Yes. This is the very item. Look! This is my business card." The photo had a Wacom tab along with a business card. Therefore, she could easily confirm her item.

"It's quite fortunate for you Miss. The other party had approached the announcement office already. You can go to the announcement office. I can inform them about you so that no more problem can occur. Our lady officer will take you there." He then sent them to the announcement office as said. She sent Maya back to lounge and went with Niyaam to the announcement office. As soon they entered, the lady officer beside them called for another officer there who was seemingly on stand-by for them. He went back to the cabin from where he just came out and this time, they saw a young girl beside him having a signature Chinese cute girl appearance having a Wacom tab in her hand.

"Mr. Niyaam! She is the young lady who approached us a while ago to make that announcement. You can deal with this matter yourself now. In case of any problem, I'm here.". Niyaam shook his hand with the officer and then gestured for the little girl to come along exiting the announcement office.

"Miss! you may return the item to its owner now". Niyaam started as the assistant to Rjaa'.

"Why not but first tell me if you have my tablet with you or not?" She looked a bit anxious. Rjaa' gestured Niyaam to step aside as she will continue next. She came in front of her saying:

"Don't worry Miss...?" She wanted to address her by name but as Mimi raised her head slightly to see Rjaa's face it seemed as if the little girl went blank instantly. All she could see a pair of enchanting hazel eyes in the middle of which appeared fair colored nose root just below of which was a black mask and above those eyes was a plain black scarf beautifully covering her eyebrows, head and back and its lower parts were covering her dress till her elbow. A black cardigan reaching below her calves loosely but firmly hanging on her shoulders covering her arms up to her wrists under which a black Kurta* shirt and black bell bottoms could be seen.

"Miss?"

"Lu.... Mi.... Lu Mi" She replied snapping out of trance.

"Okay. So, Miss Lu Mi! rest assured. you may have a look over your item if its yours or not by putting a password. Right?" she handed over a tablet with a similar black cover as hers to Mimi. Mimi readily took the tablet and put her password to which tablet responded showing the homepage. Rjaa' nodded and then advanced her right hand covered in black gloves before Mimi.

"My item?" hearing it Mimi smiled a bit and handed over that Wacom saying:

"Please confirm by your password". Rjaa' smiled behind her mask over this adorable statement. She entered her password and shown the home screen to Mimi. Mimi smiled in satisfaction and bowed slightly in gratitude.

"Don't be like that Miss Lu Mi. I'm more grateful to you. Kindness is something unforgettable for me. If you don't mind, may I ask if you are on a trip or living here?"

"Eeeeyy... a short trip you can say"

"Great then. Niyaam!" she gestured her hand slightly while her back towards Niyaam. In response to which Niyaam passed over his business card to Rjaa' which she handed over to Mimi.

"This card will be helpful to you during your stay here. If you get into any problem don't hesitate to contact this number. Also, you can use this card in any 7-star hotel in UAE to claim certain discount. Now, we shall leave. Take care. ALLAH hafiz." She advanced her hand slightly curled leaving space only for fingers to be touched. Mimi shook her hand the same way saying:

"Thanks Miss Rjaa'. It was unnecessary. But anyways I'll be keeping it as a souvenir." Rjaa' nodded in response and then turned to leave with Niyaam who was walking slightly behind as a gesture of respect towards his superior. Mimi blinked her eyes in awe three to four times, then smiled brightly and after that left for her Boss who was waiting for her not so far from the announcement office.

...........

When they arrived at the exit it was already noon. They were following Niyaam's lead to reach their car. Suddenly he stopped in his tracks near a white Audi and got aside. Rjaa' was caught off guard with the view before her and finally she could understand the reason of Maya's panic earlier. A strikingly handsome man in his late twenties, wearing white kurta trousers with black Shemagh wrapped around his head giving him a distinct noble aura, got out of his car and smirked at Rjaa' with his alluring smile exuding mysteriousness all around.

"Bhai!" She whispered in a shock and then rushed towards him without any pause to be embraced in his arms. He laughed slightly at her act and patted her head with his hand while keeping her in his arms. Then he lowered his head slightly to gently kiss her head. She was getting a bit emotional seeing her brother suddenly after 6 months thanks to lockdown.

"Hey! do you want my shirt to be fully wet by your tears when I don't have enough time to change for the next meeting." He teased to relax her which worked. He patted her head once again and then called out Maya's name a bit seriously. Maya knew that he would be coming here to surprise Rjaa' so she was getting afraid to confront him. However, all cousins and youngsters in the family respected him as their elder brother therefore, she surrendered, lowered her head and went right in front of him to which he responded by raising his hand a few inches above her head as a patting gesture but didn't place his hand on her head. He would always do this with his younger female cousins. He would never pat their head in actual. This signature gesture of him was well perceived in the family and was respected by everyone.

"Silly child. Be careful next time." He said sternly and gestured Niyaam to move.

"Niyaam will take you guys home. Be careful on your way. Eat in time and rest early. If you need anything tell him. Perhaps I would be late. And Maya! Take care of your sister. If she skips a meal tell me immediately. Don't forget to call Maa. Plus..." He paused and then pointed towards Maya with a hint of smile and resumed:

"You'd definitely love it."

"ALLAH Hafiz"

He saluted two fingers to say goodbye and left in his car leaving Maya and Rjaa' in bewilderment. 

To be continued........

*Kurta: A traditional Pakistani shirt.