Chapter 2 - The swap

"Hao Shuai.... it's insanely genius Rjaa'. Why don't you just accept the offers and go for Jason's...." He slid down his blanket over his face unveiling up to his chin.

"How long are they going to continue.... Can't even rest on the plane." He had been keeping himself for a while but in vain. He hated using ear plugs during flights so it was a real problem indeed as he couldn't sleep yesterday due to continuous appointments and interviews. Now to his misfortune, he couldn't rest even on the plane thanks to those two ladies sitting parallel to him showing off their multi-lingual skills.

"That means.... Bhaiyya is going to be an eye candy for Emirates once again."

"Aiyaa! women and their love crush." A smile prompted his lips on their conversation while keeping his eyes closed. But soon after, this smile changed into a frown when he heard one of them saying:

"Even our Xiao Cheng can't beat him."

"What are they talking about all of a sudden?" He was all ears towards their conversation.

"You don't know Cheng ge?"

"Should I?"

"I'm doomed. You wouldn't even look over billboards in Shanghai. Wouldn't you?"

"Woah! This woman is seriously admirable to not know who Xiao Cheng is? Interesting." He became more attentive and actively listened to their whole conversation.

"In which world is this woman living? She is "actually" not a bit interested in the entertainment industry. While the other one is completely into it. Such a diverse friendship." He smiled in astonishment.

"Seems like she is some sort of designer. Wait...they even talked about Jason's. If it's true, then the woman has some real talent indeed." He concluded.

Announcement was done. Soon they were going to land. As soon as he collected his luggage. He sent his assistant to bring coffee before someone came to pick them up. "Mimi" was a young girl in her early twenties who had been serving him for three years now. She was a quick witted, reliable and adorable girl. Her boss was quite satisfied with her job. She rushed towards the coffee shop with her tablet as usual in her hand. She bought the required coffee and rushed for her boss.

"Careful. Careful Mimi."

"Boss! your coffee."

"Xie xie (Thanks)".

"Who is going to receive us. What's taking so long?" It was his first time to be on a trip as an ambassador sponsored by the government. He had to meet some local officials and deal with some sponsorship. Therefore, the local team would be taking care of his stay.

"Ge (used for big brother in Chinese)! They will be here in 15 minutes. Traffic is making them late."

"Hmm".

"What's the next schedule?"

"Lemme check.... ohhh! What's this? I'm doomed... what to do now?" Her face went pale suddenly.

"What happened?"

"Ge!"

"Relax. Tell me what happened".

"Ge! I think my tab has been replaced when I went for your coffee".

"Shenma? Show me." Mimi gave him the tab in her hand.

He tapped on the screen. There was a password to enter. He checked the tab cover carefully. It was quite like Mimi's cover. He found a business card kept in the cover's slit pocket. He took it out and to his surprise it was a business card of Linca Tech Pakistan. Credentials written over it were Rjaa' Shahsawaar, Digital Aesthetics Director. He took a deep breath and looked for the other pocket on that cover. There he got a paper square folded. He unfolded its layers and what he saw made his eyes big and then froze over that picture. Soon he found himself saying:

"Hao Shuai." Mimi peeked over the paper but to her disappointment he folded it back, took a deep breath and told her to turn her face until he was done. He captured some photos of that paper and kept his phone back. He knew very well that what he had done was not right. But he couldn't resist himself. He smiled over his action and then instructed Mimi to approach the passenger announcement office with him. What Mimi had with her might be something real precious for the owner. He didn't want to be a stumbling block.

........

"Maya!!!You're dead today. I swear you're dead!" Rjaa' scolded her while making a call.

"Niyaam! It's me. Where are you now?". This time she was speaking in "Urdu", her native language.

"Great!... I need you to come here. hmm... okay. I'll be there." She hung up and turned towards Maya who was getting all nervous thinking about the consequences of her carelessness.

"Stop it idiot. Niyaam is coming."

"Bhaiyya will turn me as dead as "Anaarkali*". I can tell you Rjaa.' He will never spare me after this". She was imagining her future diligently. Rjaa' rolled her eyes over her dramatic imagination. After few seconds she saw a young man in mid-twenties with a neat and pleasant appearance wearing a formal suit, approaching them. She knew him quite well. The left hand of "The Kabeer Shahsawaar" her eldest brother.

"Assalamo – alaikum! Lady Shahsawaar, Lady Minhaas". He directed his greetings towards them. To which both answered and then Rjaa' told him the whole situation.

"Don't worry Lady. I can resolve this matter for you." He readily contacted someone over his phone and then directed them towards the security office of the terminal. They were under the protocol of security office, therefore, were allowed to check the CCTV footage of area near the coffee shop a few minutes back. This matter was nearly impossible to resolve but became possible due to the name "Big K". Her good luck charm which always worked wherever she would be. Luckily, the swap was spotted by the footage and the other party's photos were sent over several checkpoints and announcement offices to get the process thorough. Meanwhile, Mimi had approached the announcement office and requested a certain announcement to be made. It took her a few minutes to make everything understandable. Finally, she was given a paper and pen to write down the announcement. The announcer looked over the paper and then nodded.

"A lady passenger from flight EM-376 seat xx Miss Rjaa' Shahsawaar from Pakistan wearing black and having a black Wacom tablet with Cloud wallpaper. Please contact the 3rd announcement bay of announcement office in terminal 3. It's repeated that...." The announcer repeated the content three times.  

To be continued.....

*Anarkali: Nickname of the character of a beautiful slave girl in a romantic Urdu play "Anarkali" written by Imtiaz Ali Taaj based on a quasi- mythical legend. Anarkali  was sentenced to be executed by immurement by the Mughal emperor Akbar being the love interest of prince Saleem.