0.08

••

jack smiled and looked at nomi who sat in the passenger seat of his car

jack smiled and looked at nomi who sat in the passenger seat of his car. "you enjoying that burrito, huh?"

nomi blushed and covered her mouth with her hand, "stooop." she whined which made him chuckle.

"i need to ask you somethin'."

nomi grabbed a napkin from the takeout bag and wiped the side of her mouth. "okay. what's up?"

"i got a couple shows in london next week. i wanted to know if you would come with me?" jack asked fully facing her.

"forreal? you want me to go with?"

jack sucked his teeth and looked at her like she asked the most stupidest question in the world, and in his opinion she did. "you already know the answer to that quit playin' with me." he reached his hand for her drink in the cup holder and took a sip. "do you want to go though?"

nomi smiled, "do you want me to go?" she asked teasingly

"girl-"

"i'm kidding." nomi laughed at the playful look of annoyance on his face. "yes, i want to go with you."

"you play too much. i was scared you were gonna say no." he admitted.

nomi hummed and leaned closer towards him, "and why would i do that?" she batted her eyelashes and jack admired her pretty brown eyes that always managed to make him feel some type of way.

"you give me mixed signals all the time. confuses the fuck outta me."

nomi scoffed and grabbed ahold of his hand, complimenting his well done manicure in her head. "i do not give you mixed signals."

"forreal? that's what you think? ight then let's be real. let's talk business, tell me what you thinkin' about right now. i want you to be as upfront as possible." jack used his finger to tip her chin up so that she was looking at him. "go ahead baby let me know."

nomi didn't like him staring at her for too long it made her feel all tingly and she never knew how to handle the feeling. she knew jack was big on eye contact and she wanted so badly to giggle like a schoolgirl and turn her head away but nomi knew how cocky he could get knowing he had that affect on her so she continued to stare into his orbs. "i enjoy your company and being around you makes me...happy." she says.

jack could tell that sentence was hard for her, nomi was just too stubborn and had too much pride but he couldn't resist poking the bear. "so, you like me?" he smiled at her as she rolled her eyes, "i ain't say all that."

"you didn't have to. i know what's up. look how content you are holding my hand." nomi looked down to see that she was still playing with his fingers and she quickly dropped his hand and placed hers in her lap.