safe

notes: welcome to the end!

this is by far my favorite story i've written
and thank you all so so much for the votes and
reading up to this point. i also really really enjoy reading the comments people leave!! hugs and smooches all around for my fellow sakusa simps

also a content warning!!: mentions of alcohol and weed, and a lil bit of assault but not rlly

gorgeous art creds: floraliaison on tumblr

•••

the first time you told sakusa you felt safe with him was actually the night of your first confession, when miya atsumu dragged him to a frat party in his second year of college. it was the first big party that he'd attended, and to be honest he'd gotten quite bored after watching shot after shot being taken for hours with music that was louder than hell in the background.

sakusa had known you by association for a little less than a year now, and he could tell that you just adored him. you loved to pester him, to interrupt his silence, and to make teasing remarks that nobody else would. he'd roll his eyes and be short with you as normal, only because he would never give you the satisfaction of of letting you know that you were slowly breaking him down. he thought you were gorgeous and he loved to talk to you, although you were just that. you. (last name), the group's female version of miya atsumu, except that you were pretty and less annoying.

at this party, atsumu wasn't actually the one drinking, as he took athletics too seriously for that...no, it was miya osamu drunkenly wandering around, being followed by suna rintaro with a blunt in his mouth. sakusa cringed as he sat solo in his chair, and after watching atsumu egg on his brother to do his next stupid dare, he decided to get up and get away from all these people, exploring the house a bit. it was nice and looked big on the inside, but he felt extremely cramped with so many drunk young adults bumping into him.

he eventually found himself walking up the main staircase up to a hallway of rooms and sparse groups of kids in the corners. his breathing calmed to a slow pace as he walked past to find a room to sit down and chill out for a moment.

"hi!" a bright, feminine voice stopped him dead in his tracks, and he looked down to find you.

short and young, pretty and doe-eyed as you stared up at him, and he could see the wild blush even under the flashing lights around you both. he could also hear the gasping of shimizu kiyoko and alisa behind you, along with a man who didn't look too friendly. he could tell that you were beyond wasted, based on the involuntary swaying of your body and the way your mouth hung open a little farther than someone normally would.

"save me, kiyoomi!" you slurred with shaky breath, suddenly wrapping your arms loosely around his own, and he subtly recoiled into himself, very obviously to you, uncomfortable. he never outright said that you could call him by his first name, but he never complained when you did do it.

"this is him!" you grinned again, turning around to face the three, with the girls walking quickly to your side and the man scoffing in disbelief. "kiyoomi's my boyfriend!"

"oh, you probably think i'm a fuckin' idiot, don't you, girl?" he said, slowly walking up to you and leaning down into your face and speaking lowly, completely ignoring sakusa. "you're too far gone to resist me, and once i get my way with you—"