views

notes: i'm a day late to kiyoomi's birthday
so i have this monstrosity. i love this man with everything i have n i wish he was real a
little bit too much. happy birthday kiyo<33

so here you go: self indulgence sakusa fluff

(and angst if you squint)

sakusa was generally a pretty straightforward guy, to say the least. he knew what he wanted out of life, who he wanted in it, and had a pretty fixed mindset. nothing could really sway him one direction or the other, his view on life was purely cut and dry.

"i'm not a pessimist, i'm a realist," he'd say quite often to you, who had your head in the clouds all day, dreaming of different things you could never explain easily. your mind was completely subject to change, varying degrees of change, that is, and you loved to share your thoughts with sakusa. he said you had 'entertaining daydreams' after you'd babble on for a little bit about something that scratched the inner walls of your mind.

"you're not even making sense. you're just talking out of your ass," sakusa commented one time, and you frowned while rolling away from him on the bed with a whine. "fine. keep going." he said, turning to see your back, which still faced him.

"i have such pretty thoughts, and you don't care to entertain them," you grumbled, "you can at least admit you like listening to me."

"i do," he said simply, grasping your shoulder and rolling you back to face him. your brows were furrowed and he sighed, "keep talking." his dark eyes bore into yours, and even after all these years of being with him, you couldn't help but get shivers down your arms when he stared at you this way. sakusa reached out and placed his hand on your cheek, dragging his thumb under your eye.

you shyly smiled and started speaking again, this time about your desire to see fields and hills of brilliant flowers with waterfalls, to see willow trees in the midst, the smeared pink of clouds in the dusk sky, and maybe even far enough away from the city to see the hazy band of the galaxy in the night.

you loved nature and everything pretty, he noticed. as long as it looked nice and inviting to you, you didn't care what it was, you fell in love with it.

you fell in love with everything about the world.

sometimes you would describe nature and all the cute things that people would do, you'd tell him memories with the twins, your tomboy phase, your childhood. sakusa knew how you got that scar on your knee, how classical music made you feel as if you were in a movie, how embarrassed you were when your parents shoved pre-teen pictures of you in his face ("seriously, that was humiliating").

if you talked about something, he listened.

sakusa's view on life was fixed, yours was inquisitive.

he didn't live with his head in the sky, you did.

he got excited about handkerchiefs, you got excited about anything and everything on earth.

he was the ground your feet couldn't reach.

and if you dove far into your fantasies, or wanted to jump into the clouds, sakusa would go with you, of course. but he'd also be the one to pull you back on the ground to make you see and enjoy the life you have here, in the present, with him. but maybe you pulling him off the ground was a good thing, too. wether it in the past or present, you always changed his view on life.