"He's not the first to wish I was dead." She muttered, peering through her dark lashes.

"Hey... guys..." Takemichi intervened, "... The surgery's over." A group of doctors slid open the door and one stepped forward.

"We stopped his life from ending," He uttered, "The operation... was a success."

"Fuck yeah!"

"Yes! Draken-kun is saved!"

"Jeez, keep it down."

"Hina!"

"Thank goodness."

All except Y/N rejoiced loudly. On the outside, she seemed calm, collected, and emotionless. However, in reality, she almost felt like crying

He survived, he survived, he survived. He didn't end up like Daisuke, on the verge of death for years. Draken survived!

"The reason I came here in the first place is to give this to you so you can hand it to Draken." Y/N disrupted the cheerful moment, "It contains more than enough money to pay for the hospital fees." She held out the envelope for Mitsuya to take.

"Is this your way of saying sorry?" Emma questioned, tears welling up in her eyes. She felt betrayed and hurt and just looking at Y/N made her want to break down.

"Not at all." Y/N shook her head, "I've learned that money is not everything. Think of this as... one last favor." Y/N handed the money to Mitsuya. She could feel everybody's eyes on her as she shallowly bowed before standing up straight. "This is, what I'm guessing, a permanent goodbye."

Y/N turned around, walking out of the hospital. Baji cursed loudly before chasing after her.

"Y/N! Come back! We can fix this! We can help you with whatever you're going through! Just come back! Come back, you dumb bitch!"

Tuning out Baji's desperate cries, Y/N continued on her way and never dared to look back.

━━━━━━

"Oh, cheer up, honey." Hanma slung an arm around Y/N's shoulders, kissing her cheek. Y/N just sighed, leaning into his warm embrace.

"They were all so happy to see Draken had survived the surgery. But, when I went into critical condition... nobody except you and Kisaki stayed... Not even Baji... Why is that?" Y/N wasn't one to cry but she was overcome with so much pent-up emotion.

"Oh, honey, it's okay to cry. You don't always have to hide your emotions. Come on, let it all out." Hanma pulled Y/N onto his lap, hugging her, as she sobbed and babbled out words he could hardly comprehend. Nevertheless, he continued to comfort her.

"I just... I don't feel like... enough. Shu... Is something wrong with me? I always knew I was unstable but... It's so hard to admit it... I don't want to seem weak and... I don't want to worry anybody. Shu... I don't know what to do." Y/N clung to him, gripping the fabric of his shirt

"Hey, hey, don't say that. I know for a fact that you are enough. Feel free to try and prove me wrong. You won't succeed." Hanma flicked her forehead before leaning in, planting a light kiss on Y/N's lips.

He sighed, resting his chin on her shoulder. With his eyes closed, Hanma buried his face in the side of Y/N's neck, relishing the warmth. It was a sweet moment until Kisaki burst into the room.

"Y/N, Ash told me to give these to yo- Oh... Are you busy... Sorry." The young boy was holding a platter of strawberries coated in chocolate, courtesy of Ashley who noticed how sad Y/N looked.

"Tetta, hey." Hanma grinned at Kisaki, only to get ignored. The older male pouted slightly as Y/N's stepbrother focused all his attention on her, not even sparing him a pinch.

"I'll... get going now... Don't make too much noise... And, by that, I mean Hanma." Kisaki handed Y/N the plate before exiting the room and, only then, did the H/C-haired girl dare to laugh.

"See," She nudged Hanma, "He agrees your noisy too." Moebius' temporary leader huffed, frowning.

"Well, I'm sorry for being vocal!" He exclaimed in a very passive-aggressive manner. Y/N lightly snorted, finding amusement in his tone of voice.

"Hey, Shu, thanks for comforting me." She wiped away the majority of her tears, sniffing, "And, thanks for everything else." Hanma beamed, pinching her cheeks.

"No problem, sweetheart!" He hollered, his loud voice echoing throughout the room.

"Hey, if you're gonna refer to me as a nickname, pick just one. This is getting confusing." Muttered Y/N.

"Sure thing, angel." He smirked, knowing exactly how to push her buttons. Now, he was just doing this to spite her.

Sighing, Hanma lay down on his back and, shortly after, Y/N joined him. He didn't mind as she shifted around, trying to get comfortable while also staying as close to Hanma as she possibly could.

"Hey, Y/N," He drawled, "What exactly... are we?"

"I don't know about you," Y/N mumbled, "But you're my best friend, my partner in crime, and," She softly smiled, "My soulmate."

A/N : The scene of Toman and the others rejoicing when Draken survives the surgery never fails to make chills run through my body <3