Part 5

Leonardo went to sleep and then he woke up a few hours later, to a straight beeping from the heart monitor on Mikey. The line was straight.

Mikey was dead!

Leo slowly got up from the cot and called out to his family. "Don! Raph! Splinter! Mikey's in trouble!" He called out at the top of his lungs.

Don was the closest. "I knew I shouldn't have left him alone!" Don cried out as he got there first, and began to try to revive his baby brother. It was internal bleeding in the brain from a hit Mikey had taken from a hit from a mace that a Foot soldier had hit him with.

Raph and Splinter could only watch in horror. Leo watched sadly too. The heart shockers didn't do any good either, and it was hard enough for Don to try compressions on Mikey's chest, because of his plastron in the way. It made it harder to try to do chest compressions, though he did try as well as giving him breaths.

In the end, it was too much. Mikey was dead. Don checked him and it was all internal bleeding that had done it.

"I'm going to kill those Foot goons if it's the last thing I do!" Raph screamed.

"Not right now you won't, Raphael. You will stay here until you are healed. We will lay Michelangelo to rest, and then go after the Foot. We will avenge Michelangelo, that is a promise." Splinter said. "And we need Leonardo's help as well, and he needs time to heal as well."

Right now, Leo didn't care that much about himself. He wanted his youngest bro back. They all broke down in tears and cried.

Never again would they find Mikey in the kitchen making breakfast, reading his comics, playing video games, playing with his new cat, or playing pranks on them and hearing him laugh. Mikey was the light in their eyes. He was a peace maker other than Don. He had made their lives happy. Now that wouldn't happen anymore.

Raph still remembered when he had said a lifetime of payback back at the Battle Nexus. Now Mikey didn't have a life anymore, not in this physical world.

Don made a special resting box for Mikey's body. He and Raph put it in there. Leo looked on. Once the lid was closed, they all broke down again.

-

They waited until Leo was a little stronger before they went back up to the farmhouse. April and Casey, the Justice Force, Angel, and a whole lot of other allies showed up there for Mikey's funeral. Then he was laid in the ground behind the barn, but closer to the forest. There was a lot of crying.

---

In the spirit world, Mikey watched with sadness in his eyes. He had hated to leave them. "It is your time, Michelangelo. You did your best on Earth. You were always doing the right thing, fighting for good, and what you believed in. You gave your life to save others too." An angel was telling him.

"But they will be lost without me." Mikey said sadly.

"They will always have you in their hearts, Michelangelo, but not all is lost. Very soon young one, your family will gain a part of you back."

"What do you mean?" Mikey asked.

"You never knew, did you?"

"Knew what?"

"Your dear friend, Ophelia. You gave her a part of you. She carries it now. She will give it to your family in a short time." The angel said. This was a male angel. Hamato Yoshi.

"I don't understand." Mikey said.

"When you and her made love back three weeks before she and her parents moved, you impregnated her. You were going to be a father." He said.

Mikey's jaw dropped. "No way!"

Yoshi smiled.

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"A girl."

Mikey would watch his family from heaven. He hoped they would accept his daughter. He knew their lives wouldn't be the same again, but his daughter would be the only thing they would have of him left, aside from memories, and his things.

---

Nothing was ever the same again for the turtle family. Don tucked into his experiments. Both Leo and Raph turned real bitter and were always fighting it seemed. Splinter could only do so much too. When they weren't fighting, Raph was always out fighting on the streets, and Leo was always meditating and training. His injuries had healed well from the fight.

Raph did blame Leo the most for Mikey's death. "It was no one's fault." Don said. "From the hit he took on the head, it was all internal bleeding in his brain. There was nothing we could do."

As much as they had all wished that Mikey could have grown up a little, and calmed down a lot more, he had made them happy, even when he made them mad. They wished for more than anything to have him back. Having grown up together as brothers, they understood each other and had always, always been a team in a battle.

---

July finally came, and Ophelia was more than ready to get this baby out of her. She, her mom, and her midwife, flew back to New York. It was harder on the girl to walk around a whole lot now, being nine months pregnant. She was wheeled around in a wheelchair to keep the pressure off her back and ankles.

Ophelia had felt that this month was never going to come. Now it had finally. Her baby was due any day now. They would rent an apartment until the baby came.

The midwife did an internal exam. The baby was nearly the size of a human baby. There were always risks, but she wanted to give it a try the natural way first. Ophelia still didn't know though that the father of her baby was dead.

If Ophelia needed an emergency c-section, her mom and midwife could handle it. Her mom didn't like the idea of having to operate on her own daughter, but this baby was completely a 100% secret from the real world.

"I wish Mikey had been there with me during this pregnancy." She said.

"He'll be there for it the rest of its life Ophelia." Her mom said. (Quite the contrary.)