Part 2

When he got home, his brothers asked him where he had been because he had been gone for over 4 hours.

"I thought you guys wanted me out of here." Mikey retorted.

"Sure, we needed a break from ya, but ya didn't have to stay out that long." Raph said.

"We were getting ready to go look for you." Leo said.

"Well, you can call off your worries, Bros. I'm here. Now just leave me alone." Mikey said and went to his room.

That was so odd for Mikey to say that to his brothers. It left them both with strange looks on their faces. That wasn't like him.

--

Over the next several weeks to come, and even two months, Mikey's behavior got even more strange. He was always sneaking out of the lair. Ophelia's parents worked the night shift, so Mikey would sneak over to her place at night after his and his bros' patrols.

He only went over about 3 times a week. Ophelia was always more than glad to see him. They had gotten to know each other real well. Mikey told her how his bros treated him.

Ophelia felt bad for him that they did. She found his sense of humor contagious. Being a shy, silent girl at school, she was often teased too much. She didn't have many friends. So she was more than grateful to have befriended Mikey that night.

With Mikey, it was nice to talk to someone around your own age, and it wasn't one of your brothers who always seemed to be or get mad at you just for playing a joke on you. Mikey didn't do that with her. He would tell her jokes and they always made her laugh. His family didn't think it was so funny. It was so nice to have her to talk to. He even gave her his shell cell number, and she had given him her number.

-

Splinter had begun to notice a change in Mikey's behavior. He wasn't talking to his bros much anymore. They were wondering as well.

Mikey seemed to be distracted during practice a lot now. Splinter or Leo often had to reprimand him. "Sorry. I'll do better next time," he would say. But he never did. What was going on?

Mikey was in love.

-

He would also take out his comics and show Ophelia. They would draw together. She admired his work.

One night, talking and drawing to each other finally lead to something different. They had known each other for over 4 months now.

--

Three weeks later, Mikey came over one night, and Ophelia told him to leave immediately.

"Why? What's wrong?" He saw that she looked sad.

"My parents are home and don't want me leaving the house. We are going away, Mikey. I'm sorry. My dad got a new job in Nevada. We are moving. Tomorrow."

That upset the poor turtle. His closest friend was moving away! He hugged her real fast as she started crying as he left. She had also told him that her phone number would be changing.

-

Of course, Mikey was crying when he walked in the door as he got home himself. His family heard him. They didn't bother him right this second as they heard the door to his room slam shut behind him.

"I wonder what was wrong with Mikey." Don said.

"Who knows." Raph said.

Leo on the other hand, looked to his little bro's room. He went over and knocked. "Mikey, it's Leo. Can I come in?"

He heard from the other side. "Go away, Leo!" And he heard more sobbing. Maybe he should wait until he was not crying anymore. He went to talk to Splinter.

"Come in, Leonardo." Splinter said.

Leo came over and sat by Splinter. "I'm worried about Mikey, Master Splinter. He has been acting weird for the last 4 months. He sneaks off in the middle of the night, he hardly touches his food, and he's always distracted during training. Something's going on Master. Now he comes in crying. Something must have hurt him."

"Let him calm down before you try to talk to him Leonardo. He is too upset right now to talk. Give him time to come to you." The wise rat said.

Leo bowed his head and left his sensei to his mediation. He went to go find something else to do.

-

Mikey was over at Ophelia's apartment the next night. Her part of the complex was empty. No furniture anywhere. He even went inside it. It seemed so strange without any furniture or people in it. At least the two of them had said goodbye.