Ashwatthama : Mahamahim is right, Maharaj and for stopping Mitra Karna even if we all try results wouldn't be much different than what it is now.

Kripacharya : Ashwatthama how can you say that. You are Dronaputr he loves you, he made you king of northern Panchal. He loved you very much.

Ashwatthama : I too love him, uncle. Yes he made me a King but did he ask whether I wanted to be a king. Whether I am qualified to be a king. He wanted revenge. He saw me drinking flour mix with water and went to ask alms to Drupad. When he didn't get it he wanted revenge. It's not love its moh uncle, in Anga made me realise people have suffered far much worse than me atleast I had water to drink. But elders of those children taught them patience and to believe in god but my father in his arrogance told me to believe him not god's. It's not love its his moh towards me. When I was throwing tantrums to learn Brahmastra, he taught me knowing I wasn't good enough. If he loved me then he would made me understand why I am not ready and prepare me to be ready but no in his moh and arrogance he thought Bharamastra was my birth right as his son. I feared this day will come Mitra Karna never held any ill intension towards Pitashree either for rejecting him as students or insulting him regularly on front of everyone but Pitashree couldn't let his ego and pride go. He was jealous of Karna's talent and teachers. His ego couldn't take that someone is better archer than Arjun who he has promised to be best Archer of whole aryavart.

Arjun : I don't want to agree but Ashwatthama is right. Mitra Karna made me realise there is no best archer except Mahadev. We all can only be better.

Everyone was again shocked hearing this. They didn't thought a month in Anga would change Ashwatthama and Arjun this much. They were somewhat pleased but now it isn't time for this.

Sahdev : Oh no. Karna gave gurudev a chance but he didn't agree.

Nakul : Where is Dushala?

As he said he also Heard the shout and turned to see Dushala with Ghandhari, Kunti and Radha were coming towards them in Chariot which Adhiratha was driving. The ladies heard what happened to court and immediately left to palace on Chariot with Adhiratha to Radha. Radha too joined them when she heard what happened. Radha was worried for safety and anger of Karna. She knew her son would either die or kill Dronacharya in the fight. Chance of later is bigger than former but even then he will get brahman hatya sin and most probably a curse from Drona's wife. They came as fast as they can and they saw Karna swinging an axe to behead kneeling Drona who has no arms.

NOW

The chariot reached the centre to Karna and Dronacharya.

Dushala (crying) : Brother don't do this please. You promised to listen to me please let guru dron go. You have punished him enough.

Radha (crying): Yes Putra don't do this you will get a brahmin killing sin please son.

Ashwatthama (begging): Mitra let my father go.

Karna who couldn't see three important people crying because of him. He anger went away and he felt guilty.

Karna : Ok, I am sorry you had to see this. I am especially sorry to Ashwatthama I didn't want to hurt you most. You are my first friend but now it seems I lost you too.

Ashwatthama : No, Karna I knew it wasn't you fault or intention to hurt me. It was my father's fault and your devotion for your teacher.

Everyone couldn't comprehend the friendship between these two. Even after everything happened they can still talk kuru princes especially Duryodhana knew Ashwatthama enough to know that he was serious and sincere. Dronacharya was seething inside he couldn't imagine even his son was siding with this sutputra, obviously this sut has done black magic on his son. Dronacharya was in so much pain that he collapsed. He last thoughts were he will never forget this humiliation and will hurt Karna as badly he could.

Nakul : We have heal guru dev as soon as possible, these wounds are too severe.

Sahdev : The hands which are detached couldn't be rejoined we can only heal his other wounds. Me and Nakul will do first aid.

Bheeshma : lets take him to palace for vaidya to see.

Radha didn't look at them but only Karna. She knew Karna was conflicted on one hand he didn't want to do it because it will be punishment for Dronacharya and other hand he wanted to help his friends father.Radha knew Ashwatthama was true friend of her son and her son was in pain to see his friend hurt. She decided to help them.

Radha : Radhey heal him.

Karna : Mother?

Radha : What won't you listen to you mother now? I said completely completely him now.

Karna : Okay Maa.

Everyone was confused and wanted to say something but didn't get time as Karna knelt down and started chanting mantras, Dronacharya body glowed and after few minutes there are wasn't a wound in his body and his hands were attached to him. Karna used sanjeevni matra to heal him not only current wound but all past wounds of Drona was healed. Everyone was shocked at this display. Karna wanted to kill Drona few minutes ago and just two sentences from Radha he healed him. Everyone was slightly jeolous and amazed seeing this especially Ghandhari and Kunti. Ghandhari was jeolous of Radha having such obedient and loving son, just few of her sentence was enough to Karna let go his anger. Kunti was more than jeolous she thought she let go of such son.

Bheeshma : Today was enough excitement, we will talk about it during tomorrow sabha, lets return to our home for now. Karna you go with Your mother.

They all nodded and Karna started walking with his mother. After he took few steps everyone was looking at him not paying attention to Drona, Drona woke up in just that moment he saw he was alright and Karna was walking away. The anger has blinded him so much that he couldn't see evetybody around him. He remembered his defeat and lift his hand and slightly chanted brahmastra mantra. After summoning it he threw it to Karna, he didn't even se Radha walking beside Karna. Hearing shhh sound everyone turned around to see what Dronacharya had done. Karna quickly fling Radha towards Ashwatthama, he didn't have time call any astra/Sastra. His kavacha apeared and brahamastra hit it. Karna was flung 20-30 metres away. Seeing this they all shouted his name. Ladies were crying especially Radha, she thought he foolishness has caused her son's death she ran towards him. Ashwatthama turned around and slapped Drona very hard. Everyone wanted to say something but they all heard two angry voices

DRONA HOW DARE YOU.