Seojun got up close to Sooho's face and poked his chest, slightly pushing him back.

Sooho looked at Byeol and back at Seojun. His face looking like he was trying to solve something.

-Flashback-

Lee Sooho

I sighed out, I was trying to find where Jugyeong went. I had this whole confession thing planned out but she wasn't there. Soojin was in her place for some odd reason.

I walked down a path where I thought she might had stumbled too. I suddenly heard someone crying and followed the sound. I moved past some bushes and found a giant tree where two people were crouching by.

Jugyeong and Seojun.

I felt my blood boil seeing how Seojun cradled her crying face, that should've been me. I heard something to the left of me move, I turned to see someone walking away. Their back was to me but I recognized the person as Byeol, I could recognize her short body any day.

I looked back to the pair, there is no way she didn't see that. I was going to walk towards her but I couldn't make myself move. I was filled with so many emotions; I was angry, sad, and concerned. 

I wish I would've followed her instead....

-End of flashback-

"You're the reason she's like this."

Sooho spat at Seojun and walked away, grabbing his phone from his pocket to contact Byeol's mother.

Seojun stood there confused at what Sooho said.

He broke out his frozen stance when he heard the paramedics moving. They were moving Byeol into the ambulance after making sure her breathing was stable.

"Can I go with her? I'm her friend."

Seojun asked.

"Sorry only family."

The paramedics said as they got into the ambulance. Seojun stared at Byeol as the doors closed.

(AT THE HOSPITAL)

The paramedics busted through the doors with Byeol still unconscious on the gurney. Staff from the hospital came up them and realized what was happening.

They rushed her down the emergency room.

"Where's my daughter?"

A voice yelled out, Byeol's mother and her older brother ran passed the door. They saw their loved one's unconscious body and immediately followed where they were taking here.

They tried to follow into the emergency room but a nurse stopped them.

"Sorry Ma'am no one is allowed past here."

"What is happening, why is my daughter passed out?!"

Mrs. Chae cried out, her son grabbed on to her, trying to calm her down. The nurse excused herself, as she didn't have an answer.

Hyungwon brought his mother to sit down on seats nearby, holding her while she sobbed. A few tears fell down his face at the thought of Byeol being in pain.

After what seemed like forever, a doctor came up to them.

"Byeol is stable for now, but seeing her records this isn't something new to you."

Mrs. Chae nodded.

"She is hooked up right now since her heart is not able to function right now. We believe she must've had a huge reaction to something and her heart went into shock. Something similar to heart break syndrome.

The lady sobbed even more, the memories of her husband's death coming back.

"W-What can we do?"

Hyungwon asked still trying to keep his mom together.

"Well, simply we need to perform a heart transplant, her heart won't last for any longer. I saw your mother already asked for a heart transplant a while back so hopefully we get a response back soon. You guys can come see her now."

Hyungwon was stunned at what the doctor said but got up with his mother nonetheless. They entered a room to see Byeol looking lifeless, attached to a bunch of machines trying to keep her body alive.

Her mother immediately ran to her side, grabbing her now cold hand.

"Byeol-ah, Mom is here."

She cried out as she combed back Byeol's hair.

Her worst nightmare had become true, she might lose her daughter like she lost her husband.

Hyungwon's face has tears streaming down his face too. He held his baby sister's hand, praying for her vibrant eyes to open once again.

Hyungwon started rembering some of the things the doctor said.

"Mom, was the thing the doctor mentioned? Something about the heart transplant?"

He looked to his mother and saw her stiffen up.

"I had the doctors put her on the list for donors earlier incase this exact thing happened. I know it was without her knowing but I just wanted to feel prepared. Unlike how it was with your father...."

Hyungwon understood and stayed quiet. They both stood there  in silence, praying for the best.

✦✦✦

.⋅ ε 𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲 з ⋅.

*looks around*

Anyone still there??

Lmao anyways hey guys!! It's been a while. But I do still want to finish this book. Just life has been crazy. I am actually rewatching True Beauty and that motivated me again hehe. Sorry to leave you guys on a cliffhanger 😂

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! And I will start to write once again!

See you in the next update :D (hopefully in a week)

-stxr <3