TWENTY-THREE

Chae Byeol

It was the next day after school. I was in class packing my stuff, getting ready to leave.

"Byeol!"

I turned and saw Gowoon coming up to me.

"Hey, what happened?"

I asked.

"I invited Jugyeong to go to a cafe with me. You want to join us?"

I looked at the clock and knew I couldn't make it. I had another appointment with the doctor.

"Sorry I don't think I can. How long are you guys hanging out?"

She frowned a bit.

"I was going to invite her to my house after. To help teach me more makeup tips. Maybe until 9ish"

I nodded.

I think I could make it.

"I'll meet you at your house then. You guys haven't moved right?"

"Nope. Same old house."

"Okay I'll met you guys there!"

I grabbed my bag and waved at her. She smiled and waved back. Then I was on my way.

~

"Oh so it is him?"

My brother questioned. He was driving me to Gowoon's house and was blabbing on as usual.

"Him what?"

I was confused.

"The one you like."

As soon as he said that I smacked him on the arm. He hissed in pain.

"Owwww why are you so defensive?!"

"I am not. Just I have been told that too many more times for my liking."

I snapped back.

"It's the truth then if more than one person sees it."

I rolled my eyes.

"A misunderstanding. Hyungwon just drive."

I didn't want to talk about that topic. I just looked outside. The radio playing in the background.

"You know, it's okay to like him."

My hands clenched.

"You torture yourself by acting like your feelings are a crime. I am not saying you do like him but you shouldn't feel horrible for the thought of it."

My brother was a man of few words and usually most of them annoyed me. So I was honestly shocked to here him talk like this.

The car stopped before I could respond.

"Okay ma'am that'll be $10 for the ride and $5 for the therapy session."