✨Prologue: A Flower's Unbreakable Curse✨

*Narrator's POV*

There once was a young girl with wavy dark brown hair and the warmest pair of blue eyes who always wore a bright smile on her face wherever she went.

One day, the girl had stumbled upon her stepmothers room and overheard her talking to a magic mirror.

The girl was playing hide and seek with her little sister, when she saw her stepmother's bedroom door slightly open, hearing the sound of evil laughter. "Soon, I shall have my revenge on those annoying brats who call themselves my stepdaughters, and once I'm through with them, I'll finally be able to place the curse on the people of the Enchanted Forest."

"But you do know that curses take time to create, don't you? I can't say you'll succeed in doing so, but of course, there is a chance that it could work." The Magic Mirror said. "If you were to collect the correct ingredients, that is. Not to give you any ideas, but you should probably consider thinking about when exactly you'll place the curse upon the people of the Enchanted Forest, my Queen."

The young girls stepmother, known throughout the land as the Evil Queen, smirked. "Oh, don't you worry, I will have all the ingredients I need, and the right time to place the curse, but the most important thing I need to do first is to get rid of those who pose a threat. Those who would do anything in order to prevent me from placing the curse."

The young girls eyes widened in shock and fear at what she just heard. 'She plans on placing a curse on our people? Why would she want to do something like that?'

The young girl took a couple of steps back and turned around, wanting to get away from the Evil Queen as as quickly as she could, but ended up accidentally knocking over a statue of armour that was stood standing before it fell down to the ground with a loud crash.

The young girl moved away from the statue of armour and made a thin line with her rosy lips. "Oops."

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is that standing in the hallway? Is it A) Rose Red? B) Rose Red? Or C)..."

The Evil Queen swung the door wide open, making the girl gasp in fright. "Rose Red, what a lovely surprise we have here...did you enjoy eavesdropping on my private conversation with the Magic Mirror?"

The young girl, Rose Red, stuttered her words nervously. "I-I'm so sorry Regina, I wasn't eavesdropping at all. I-"

"How many times do I have to tell you? You were to call me 'Your Majesty' from the moment your dearly departed father passed away and left you and that sister of yours in my care."

"B-But Re-uh...Sorry, I mean, Your Majesty...y-you and I were friends before you married f-father-"

"'Were'." The Evil Queen emphasised the word. "Passed tense Rose, keep up. You lost my friendship and trust the moment you and Snow White told my mother about Daniel and I, and from that moment on, I have loathed the two of you. Especially you, Princess Rose Red."

The Evil Queen's face darkened. "Didn't your mother ever teach you any manners at all? Oh, wait..."

Rose Red shook her head in disbelief, tears threatening to spill at Regina's words. "That's not fair. You...You can't use her against me."

The Evil Queen walked around Rose Red intimidatingly. "Oooh, did I touch a nerve? In a way, I suppose you're right. How can I use your mother against you, when you yourself don't even know who she is? Face it little Rose, your real mother abandoned you. She never cared for you. Never loved you."

'Snow White's mother, Queen Eva, told me before she died that she wasn't my real mother, but still loved me all the same.'

Rose Red thought to herself. 'When Snow White's father, King Leopold, took me from Granny, I assumed that Queen Eva was my real mother. She told me that my real mother didn't want me to get mixed up in a world of magic and wanted me to live a normal life, which is why I lived with Granny for so long until father found me and took me with them to live in the castle where I met my half sister, Snow White, even though I wanted to stay with Granny and Ruby.'