Girl meets Mr.Squirrles goes to Washington Part 1

Ari POV:
It's a new week and we're back in Mr.Matthews classroom ready to learn. As we all sit in our seats we look towards the board to see the words "Current Events" written on it. "Current events. Can somebody tell me what's going on in the world" Mr. Matthews asks as he begins the lesson.

"Stuff happened in some country, some team won a game, and it's cold somewhere with a change of I don't care. Am I all caught up?" Maya responds to his question sarcastically.

"Yeah, you're education's complete. Anybody who's gonna turn out well got something to say?" He asks in response. "Lucas?"

"All the news is about the elections" Lucas answers.

"So are all the commercials" I speak up.

"Why should we care about the elections when we don't get to vote?" Riley suddenly asks as she leans forward.

"Who else eels that way?" Mr.Matthews asks the class before everyone aside from Lucas and I raise our hands. "Well that's a shame, guys, because this world's gonna belong to you soon" He continues before Maya cuts him off.

"The one you messed up?" She asks pointing a finger towards him.

"Yeah, thanks anyway" I say leaning back in my chair a little.

"Oh, so you got a problem with this planet you're inheriting?" Mr.Matthews asks the class.

"When I read the news, it makes me feel like this isn't even a world I'd want to rule" Farkle says suddenly causing
Riley to turn around and look at him.

"Wow, Farkle. I've never heard you say anything like that before" She says to him.

"I'm a visionary, Riley. I look ahead" Farkle says before smiling. "You. Me. Mars. Let's do this thing."

"Wait a minute. Wait a minute. You guys are supposed to be optimistic. Future leaders. You don't get cynical until high school" Mr.Matthews asks.

"Why don't you elect people who care enough to make things better?" Lucas asks him.

"Lucas and I started following the elections and politics more because of Lex. We know that when the time comes we have to be ready to be good parents and make our vote count and as we look at those in power now we can't help but think of what goes on in your head each time you cast your ballot" I say causing Lucas to nod his head in agreement.

"I like to think I do every time I vote. I like to think I put good thought into it before I turn that ballot over. But the truth is I'm not responsible for the quality of people running for office" Mr.Matthews responds to the both of us.

"How are these people even chosen?" Riley asks him.

"Well, the parties choose the best candidates they can come up with and" I start to explain before her uncle Eric comes running into the classroom. As he enters he stops and starts panting in an attempt to catch his breath.

"I am running for senator of the grape state of New York. And I need your votes!" He says excitedly.

"Kid's don't vote" Riley tells him.

"Then uh-oh!" He says continuing to pant.

"Everybody close your books. It's the end of the world" Mr.Matthews says and we do.

"I'm really dizzy. I've done this in every classroom" He says causing me to drop my head onto my book and groan, this election sure is going to be interesting.

Lucas POV
After school ends Ari and I head home to pick up Lexi before grabbing some food and going to meet everybody at Topanga's. When we get there everyone is already there so we just sit down, Ari next to me and Lexi on my lap as I make funny faces at her.