Chapter 5

Third person PoV

Heeseung wanted to keep calm, he needed to keep calm. His friends are in danger and in a lot more complicated than having a psychopath roaming around the hallways trying to kill them.

As the oldest, he wanted to be the pillar of strength. He needed to keep everyone safe. This put pressure on him, too much that his mind was going crazy for the worst case scenario.

A ton of "what if's" clouded his mind. What if they get hurt, what if the culprit found them, what if Sunoo's condition worsen? What if he fail?

With his mind being hazy, he didn't notice Jake walking closer to him. Jake stood in front of the older and held his shaking hands. "Hyung, you don't have to carry all the burden. We are all here." Jake whispered.

In an instant, Heeseung's mind cleared. This person, the one whose cheering him on, the person that's always on his side, the one he admires, he almost forgot. He still have Jake beside him, he will never get weak again because together, they can make things work out.

Not to mention his friends, they got his back. They shouldn't fail if they got each others back. They can do this together. They'll survive together.

Heeseung looked lovingly at the person infront of him. "Thank you so much, you just saved me from something horrible." he smiled, bringing the younger to his embrace.

"Don't worry, we're gonna be fine." Jake responded, reciprocating the hug.

When the situation calmed down, Heeseung gathered everyone in the corner of the room, holding his phone with a map of the school.

"Hyung, daebak!" Jay was amused.

"I'm not the Student Council President for nothing. Now let's do this and get the hell out of here. Zero casualties."
Heeseung stated.

"the doors are all locked because of the automatic locking system, it can only be disabled from the control room which is in the third floor Principal's office."

"Can't we just call for the police?" Ni-ki asked.

"It won't work." Sunoo said, "I tried sending a message to my parents earlier but it didn't sent. The signal is jammed."

Each of them whipped their phones out and sighed in disappointment when they found out that its true.

"Then what are we gonna do?" Jungwon asked, Jay took his hands reassuring him. "don't worry, we will keep everyone safe."

Another bang resonated from the building, its coming from the floor above them.

"Fuck, his in the second floor. How are we gonna get to third floor if he's guarding the send floor?" Sunghoon gritted.

"it's fine. The building on the east is connected to an emergency exit from the third floor. We just have to get to the cafeteria in that building, then up to the second floor, get to the guard lodge to get the key for the emergency stairs up the third floor of this building." Heeseung explained.

"Bang, Bang!"

They flinched. The sound is closer than earlier. Did the killer killed the remaining survivors in the building?

"We have to move!" Heeseung instructed. He guided everyone outside, looking left and right for any dangers.

Upon seeing the hallways safe, he ushered the rest to move quickly towards the main door.

With hurried steps, the group reached the east building. The building is quiet and very eerie, Jay lead the way towards the cafeteria but stopped abruptly when he felt movements inside.