Chapter 4 : Mukti And Zubin

Start from the beginning

"Nandini! Haldi ka muhurat hai!" She heard Chachi call her.

"Let's go." Manik said, after he wore the kurta.

-----

"I hate you guys!" Mukti whined, as she was dripping with Haldi.

"Come on Mukti, don't be a buzzkill. You did the same to me." Manik said, pinching Mukti's cheeks.

"Shut up Santok." Mukti said, stomping off to Chachi, who was holding a bottle of water.

"She looks pretty, hai na Zubin?" Alya asked, laughing.

"Yeah..."Zubin said, holding his laughter.

"Why do people bring up Santok whenever they are pissed with me?" Manik asked.

"Because that pisses you off." Dhruv said, laughing with Cabir and Zubin.

"Guys, picture time!" One of the guests said.

All of them huddled together, falling on each other and laughing. Dhruv picked up his daughter and placed her on his shoulders, while Navya sat down carefully on Aryaman's lap. Mukti, Alya, while Cabir, Zubin, Soha's boyfriend and Neil were back hugging the girls. Nandini backhugged Manik, placing her chin on Manik's head. The photographer captured this beautiful moment, which would remain etched in their memories forever.

-----

"She looks damn pretty, doesn't she?" Alya asked, fixing Mukti's dupatta.

"Thank you ladies, I love you all." Mukti said, turning around.

"Arre what thank you! Hum toh bestfriends hai!" Navya kissed Mukti's forehead.

"Mukti, you are embarking on this new journey. Trust me when we say this, it is not easy. But, your love and trust will help to fight all those obstacles." Nandini explained, holding Mukti's hand.

"I know. I love Zubin and I can't imagine a life without him." Mukti said, looking at her engagement ring.

Mukti and Zubin were in Prague, enjoying their trip. It was a private trip, not one of their sponsored trips. It was to get away from the world, the fame and the stress.

They were enjoying the street dancing, where a lot of men and women were dancing away to the music. Mukti was sipping champagne and watching the dance.

"Mukti..."

"Hmm?"

"Will you marry me?"

Mukti spit out the champagne, choking.

"Fuck!" Zubin patted her back and rubbed it.

Mukti looked at Zubin for five seconds and then the ring in front of her. It was an elegant diamond ring, just like she always wished.

Was she over her parents' disastrous marriage and her traumatic childhood?

Yes.

Had she forgiven Harshad for cheating on her and breaking her heart several times?

Yes.

Had she started believing in love and happiness?

Yes.

Had she moved on from Abhimanyu?

Yes.

Was she in love with Zubin?

Yes!

Was she ready to spend her entire life with Zubin, as his wife? Was she ready to have a family of her own?