Chapter Seven - Kushida's Accusation

Start from the beginning

"Eh? So this is before the last video?" Haruka asked.

"Yes, this is when we were trying to raise Sudo-kun, Ike-kun and Yaumachi-kun's test scores,"

"The ordering of these videos make very little sense," Keisei sighed.

"I have to agree. Maybe it will become clearer as we continue," Horikita said, "For now, let's just watch,"

Whipping out my cell phone, I pulled up Kushida's contact information. Although it was my second time calling, I felt nervous about contacting her. The phone rang twice, then three times. However, she didn't pick up. Did she not notice me calling? Or was she refusing to answer it?

"You say you were a loner but somehow managed to have one of the most popular girls' contact information?" Yagami, who seemed to have a connection to Kushida, asked.

"She was generous," I replied.

"Yeah, Kushida-san gave out her info to a lot of people," Shinohara explained, "She wanted to make lots of friends, right Kushida-san?"

Looking around, she tried to locate Kushida. However, Kushida had left the hall at the beginning.

"Huh? Where is she?"

After a few seconds, most people realised that Kushida was not present.

"Sensei, do you know where Kushida-san went?" Yosuke asked.

"Yes, she asked to be allowed to use a private room for this video," Chabashira answered.

"Hmm, why?" Shinohara asked.

"She didn't say,"

"That's odd. I wonder why she wanted a private room," Maezono wondered.

"Ayanokoji-kun, do you know why?" Inogashira asked.

If I guessed correctly what Horikita would do then I had a pretty good idea why Kushida had left.

"You'll probably find out why in this video," I answered.

My suspicion as to the content of this video had been correct. Apparently, I wouldn't be the only one inconvenienced by these videos.

Kushida wasn't around campus, so I continued to search for her. When I got inside the school, I glimpsed someone who looked like Kushida from behind. It was already around six PM, so the only people here should've been involved in club activities. Well, this was Kushida we were talking about. She was probably waiting for one of her good friends to finish club stuff.

I decided to keep up the chase. If she were busy, I'd talk to her again later. Bearing that in mind, I pressed on. I took out a pair of indoor shoes from the cubicles in the hallway but didn't see Kushida. Had I lost her? I thought I had until I heard the faint clack of shoes.

"Why did you keep following her? You could have just called out to her or spoken to her later?" one of the first-years asked.

"I was just curious," I replied.

"About what?" Mori asked.

"Why she was at school so late,"

"You could have just asked her,"

And if I had done that, I doubt I would have gotten a truthful answer.

"Yeah, I guess. I didn't really think about it," I shrugged.

I followed her up the stairs to the second floor. The sound of footsteps continued up to the third floor. The next level after that was the roof, wasn't it? Students were free to use the roof during lunchtime, but it should've been locked after class. While I thought it strange, I went up the stairs, trying to hide my presence as best I could in case she was meeting with someone. Then, I stopped partway.