Chapter 71

Snape's warning had apt timing seeing as the next day Umbridge had decreed that all students were to submit to questioning about suspected illicit activities.

In other words, she wanted to see who would crack in questioning as she brought them up into her office one by one, doing it by year level, save for the fact that Leona and Harry were first.

Leona had dished out the anti-Veritaserum potion to everyone late that night after it was done brewing and sternly warned everyone to keep their mouths shut about the DA.

"Would you like a cup of tea?" Umbridge asked as she closed her office door, Leona sitting in the chair opposite her desk.

She'd never been in Umbridge's office before, but it was truly as horrid as Harry described.

The stone walls were entirely pink, covered in China saucers that showed images of various cats

"No thank you. I'm not much of a tea drinker," she replied.

"Water then."

"I'm fine."

"I'm afraid I must insist," Umbridge said as she rounded her desk and began to pour a glass and set it in front of the girl. "Now," she sighed as she sat and Leona took a sip of the water, tasting the truth potion in it. "Are you part of, or do you have knowledge of any clubs or activities that would be against school rules?"

"No," Leona replied curtly.

Umbridge seemed to tense in anger at her answer, but her fake smile stayed on her face.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

The Professor dressed in pink huffed.

"Very well then. Do you have any knowledge as to the whereabouts of your father?"

Her brows furrowed.

"He's at the Ministry."

Her eyes widened. "Sirius Black is in the Ministry?!"

Leona's brows furrowed further.

"No. Arthur Weasley is. He works there. If you're referring to my biological father, I have not seen him nor spoken to him in years. I also fail to see what he has to do with the suspected illicit activities that you're supposed to be questioning us about."

The pencil in Umbridge's hand snapped before she stood, letting the chipped wood fall to the floor as Leona casually took another sip of the tainted water.

"Miss Black, if you are lying to me then I -"

"I am not lying. I know nothing of anything that is against school rules," Leona persisted, which was technically true. The DA was a club that wasn't against school rules, just against Umbridge's educational decree.

The vein that was barely visible above the collar line of pink fur on the woman's neck pulsed with rage as she braced her hands on the desk.

Leona didn't know how she kept so much rage in or put up with children that she clearly hated.

But she did know that it took everything in her right now not to smirk or burst out into laughter at the woman's expression.

"You can leave," she snapped as she forced herself back into her chair.

Leona lifted the glass to her lips once more before standing, a final taunt.

"Have a good day Professor. I do hope you find whoever it is breaking school rules."

And Leona heard the sound of another pencil snapping as she closed the door behind her with a wicked grin on her face as she saw Harry sitting on one of the desks in the classroom, playing with a quill as he waited for her.

And his grin matched hers as he watched her walk down the stairs.

"You're a right genius you are," he laughed as he hugged her, and she threw an arm over his shoulders as they walked out.

"Don't you forget it, little brother."