Chapter 48

"Why do they have to travel in packs? And how are you supposed to get one alone to ask them?" Harry asked Ron as they awkwardly walked through a courtyard that was just filled with groups of girls.

"Blimey Harry! You slay dragons. If you can't get a date, then who can?" Ron replied.

"I think I'd take the dragon right about now," Harry said before George walked up to them.

"Gents! Perfect timing. You're about to watch Leona and Fred ask each other to the ball," he grinned devilishly, the two younger boys confused.

"What do you mean ask each other?" Ron questioned.

"Well, Lena asked me for help to ask Fred. Fred asked me for help to ask Lena. And the best part is, they both came up with the same idea to ask each other. So I just told them to do it at the same time and place and neither one have a clue about the other."

And as George said that to the boys, in the sky above the courtyard, Leona hovered on her broom, spotting two redheads down below and waiting for George to give the signal, when another broom approached her and her eyes widened.

"What are you doing up here?" she asked in horror.

"What am I doing up here? What are you doing up here?! I'm supposed to be asking you to the Ball!" Fred said.

"I'm asking you to the ball! You've done so much for me it was the least I could do!"

"Yeah, but it's tradition that I ask you. So go back down there."

"No! You go back down there!" Leona fired back before it occurred to them both how they got up there.

"George," the both of them spat in annoyance. They'd been fooled.

And then their eyes widened.

"That means...."

They were cut off as the fireworks exploded.

And behind Fred in big sparkly letters were the words, Lena, will you go to the Ball with me?

And behind Leona in big sparkly letters were the words, Freddy, will you go to the Ball with me?

And they both just had to laugh at the situation.

"So, is that a yes?" Fred asked as he flew closer to her.

"Only if you say yes," Leona said with a smirk and they leaned in.

"Oh, not only is it a yes, it's a hell yes! Rosalee, I'd love to go to the ball with you," Fred smiled as he pulled away from the kiss.

"And I'd love to go to the ball with you, Freddy," she grinned in return before hearing the applause and shouts from the people below in the courtyard.

"Wanna go kill George?" Fred asked and she laughed as she placed both hands on her broom.

"Yeah."

And George ran as both brooms and their riders flew back down to the castle, zooming after him.