Wattpad Original
There are 77 more free parts

seamstress

noun ~ a person who sews, especially one who earns her living this way

Instead of going to Phoenix's office as I thought, he pulled me out of the front of the house.

"Where are we going?" I wondered.

"You need to get your dress fitted, there isn't much time left and we don't know how many dresses she has to sew." He explained. "It will be the perfect distraction for you."

I sighed, agreeing with him. I couldn't leave it too late; I didn't want Molly to be overworked. So, we walked down the pack road until we came to the small shopping plaza. It was our own little community, all within a couple of minutes' walk of the packhouse. Phoenix's hand stayed in mine, even as we approached the women's clothing store.

The bell above us rang and I was met with the brightness of the UV lights on the ceiling. The familiar squeal of Molly was heard before the sound of her footsteps approached at high speed. Phoenix's hand was torn from mine as Molly collided into my body, a low growl escaping his throat.

"I am so glad you came. I just love your dress and wanna work on it already!" She groaned, pulling away from me.

I rolled my eyes, a small giggle leaving my throat as she began to drag me through the endless rows. I caught Phoenix's eye before I was enveloped in the railings, and he gave me a sly wink before escaping the store. My mouth parted in shock; he was as much a traitor as his Gamma!

We skidded to a stop by some changing room doors and Molly disappeared through a curtained door beside it. I stood there awkwardly, taking in the bright white ceilings and floors overshadowed by the bright lights and colourful clothes. She soon came back out, black dress bag in hand. She hung it up in the changing room before clapping her hands in excitement and pushing me in.

"No bra!" She shouted after closing the curtain. "And come out when it's on!"

My nose crinkled but from my vague memory, I remembered I liked this dress. I had chosen it not long after Alexandar visited, Molly too eager to let me go so long without one. I remember it being a green colour, and a few other details but not a lot. It was this or a purple one, and I remember that horrid purple mermaid dress easily.

I revealed the dress and sighed in satisfaction. It was just as pretty as I remembered. Being a coronation, which Molly was not invited to, I had to dress somewhat modestly, despite her protests. I slid off my clothes, bra included and stepped into the dress.

It was dark green, my favourite colour. It was very similar in colour to the slitted dress I wore for Phoenix's return many months ago. Except for this time, I was not looking to impress any man, just myself. I hummed as I ran my hands down the bodice. It was a floral lace with appliquéd dark green soft flowers that lay on top of silk style bodice. It had a sweetheart neckline, still too wide since it was a couple of sizes too big, and small lace sleeves that hung and fell to my bicep. The skirt had underlayers, puffing up just a little at my waist before trailing below me. It was rather princess-like, but I adored it.

I slipped on the pair of heels, happy with the extra three inches lifting me so the dress didn't trail on the floor. I clutched the bodice to my chest as I exited the changing room, searching for Molly amongst the clothes. Her head popped around the corner of a railing and her eyes widened in delight.

"That looks amazing, Nova! You are going to rock it!" She grinned.

I thanked her and she wasted no time in coming behind me to take the extra fabric in some black clips. Once secure, I let go of the bodice and allowed her to adjust the fit until she was satisfied with where she had to pin and mark for adjustments. I stared at myself in the full-length mirror as she worked on the back of the bodice. I still looked like me, just a little masqueraded at the minute. My hair was quickly growing thanks to the masks and oils I used and the healthy diet I was on. It was touching the top of my breasts, just skimming past the bodice neckline.