Chapter 52 - I Want to Break Free

Start from the beginning

As it turned out, it didn't matter. Emmett was wearing his noise-canceling headphones. He sat at his desk doing homework, his head bopping to the rhythm. Only Emmett would spend a Friday afternoon doing homework. His extreme nerdiness brought a smile to my face.

I closed the door and crept over to press my lips to Emmett's neck. He nearly fell out of his chair from shock. "What the fuck?" He spun in the chair to look at me, clutching at his chest. "Don't do that!"

I laughed and laid my hands on Emmett's shoulders to keep my balance as I straddled his lap. I removed his headphones, gently placing them on the desk. "I couldn't help myself. You're just so damn sexy."

Emmett rested his hands on my thighs. "How can I be mad then?"

I shook my head, slowly leaning in. "You really can't."

I kissed him, lifting my hands to hold his face as the kiss deepened. A desperate fire spread through my body. Kisses were great, but I craved more.

I pulled away to catch my breath. "We should go on a date."

Emmett raised his brows, his lips stretched into a grin. His green eyes sparkled with delight. "Are you asking me out?"

"If I did, would you say yes?"

"You have to ask me to find out," Emmett teased, bumping the end of his nose against mine.

"Emmett Noble, will you go out with me on a proper date?"

"I'd love to, Clay Lennox-Miller."

"Somewhere fancy. With like reservations and shit."

"You're such a romantic, baby," Emmett quipped sarcastically.

I rubbed Emmett's cheek. "I just want to see my baby all dressed up. I bet you're so hot." I leaned in to give him a quick peck on the lips.

"Am I not always hot?"

I hung my arms around Emmett's neck. "Of course you are. But I think I like a man in a suit."

Emmet cracked a smile. "Really? Have you been looking up some special videos?"

"No—well, yes, but not that." I shook my head, slightly jarred. "The day of the accident, when I saw you in your uniform for the first time, with your blazer and your tie, I got seriously turned on."

"That's not the first time you saw me in my uniform. Is it?"

I nodded. "The closest I ever get is like this." I tugged on the collar of Emmett's white button-down shirt. "You're always practically out of it before I see you."

"I mean, if it really turns you on, I could put my coat and tie back on right now."

I narrowed my eyes, rubbing Emmett's chest. "Don't tempt me. I might not be able to control myself."

Emmett's good arm slipped around my waist, yanking me higher on his lap. "I'm okay with that."

I could feel just how okay he was. It was impossible to ignore while sitting on his lap. I chewed on my lip, contemplating trying something.

Emmett loosened his grip, leaving me disappointed. "We haven't really talked about this yet. Maybe now's the time."

"You mean sex, right?"

Emmett nodded.

"I'm not a virgin, Em. You know that. And I know you're not."

"But you've never been with a guy before."

"I know the basics," I said, massaging Emmett's shoulders. "I've actually been kinda studying since we got together. For when it happens. I figured I should know what appeals to me and what doesn't." I leaned in, brushing my lips across his as I spoke softly, trying to be seductive. "And you can let me know what you like, and I'll definitely try it. I have a list."